Sr. Workday Analyst
Why work for just any analytics company?
At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
The Sr. Workday Analyst provides Human Resources system administration, including business process configuration, reporting development, end user training, and data management. This position works closely with internal HR, Business Systems/IT staff, and business leaders to effectively meet the HR technology needs of the organization with the immediate focus being a successful implementation of Workday HCMS.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Configure complex Workday business process in primarily in the areas of HCM and Recruiting.
* Support configuration and troubleshooting of business processes in Advanced compensation, Benefits, Absence, Time Tracking, and/or Talent Management
* Lead the development, testing configuration, and implementation of new projects, enhancements, and interfaces.
* Responsible for translating business needs to system design, conduct system/data analysis, and participating in testing and deployment activities.
* Promote changes into production, following strict audit procedures, assist with tenant management, analyze Workday updates.
* Lead creation of audit plans, schedules and testing of system upgrades and new configurations.
* Research, diagnose and resolve issues (e.g. - end-user, business process, security, etc.)
* Work with functional team members to understand requirements and communicate system capabilities/limitations
* Partner with key stakeholders to create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases
* Provide guidance and mentorship to other team members
* Maintain proper change management documentation to satisfy the company’s internal/external audit controls and compliance practices
* Support major Workday releases, to include researching new functionality and education the HR team on enhancements as applicable.
* Identify impact and enhancement opportunities associated with a new release and direct regression testing and introduction of required changes as new releases are introduced
* 3-5 years’ Workday HCM experience with at least 2 years' Workday Recruiting experience
* Advanced working knowledge in the areas of Security, Calculated Fields, and Business Process Configuration
* Working knowledge in at least one other functional area including Benefits, Advanced Compensation, Integrations, Absence, Time Tracking, Performance, and/or Talent
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Proven record of setting delivery commitments and meeting expectations
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Ability and passion to analyze complex business processes and understand the details and concepts
* The ability to learn quickly and build and retain a personal knowledge base
* Strong business acumen
* Detailed and task oriented
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral
* Meticulous documentation skills