At Pie we are pie-oneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage. Pie has an inclusive, values-driven culture, where hard working self-driven team members have limitless growth opportunities.
How You'll Do It
As the Sr. Regulatory Compliance Specialist you will be responsible for responding to and answering questions regarding workers compensation statutes and regulations. You will be working with sales, underwriting, customer care and other compliance team members. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring Pie is in compliance with state workers compensation statutes, rule and regulations.
Year 1 Outcomes:
Within 90 days, a plan and template for the state books will be completed and the first state book will be underway. A system for monitoring data calls will be established.
Within 6 months all state books will be up to date, data calls will be documented and completed timely and accurately. A process for Bureau criticisms will be complete. All regulatory information should be up to date.
Within 12 months, processes will be in place to ensure regulatory issues are identified and addressed timely, all internal processes should be complete with active ongoing maintenance.
You will be joining our team in Washington D.C. or Downtown Denver. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be able to work independently and as part of a team. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
This is a position for an experienced subject matter expert and may have one or more direct reports. We expect you’ll have spent at least 5-7 years in insurance compliance, preferably workers compensation. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work:
- Act as a subject matter expert for the organization to ensure understanding and compliance with applicable state, federal and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure WCPols and Unit Stat Reporting are being completed accurately.
- Prepare state books to include all regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and ensure data calls to state departments of insurance are done timely and accurately.
- Perform regulatory analysis including the review and dissemination of key regulatory updates and changes.
- Support the design, development and implementation of the regulatory database.
- Ensure all key departmental processes are captured in the database for tracking and trending purposes.
- Oversee the workers compensation criticisms process by monitoring and maintaining records of written criticisms received from state agencies to ensure timely responses and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Assist General Counsel with Market Conduct Exams, as requested.
- Foster strong relationships with data reporting counterparts at workers compensation bureaus, NCCI and ISO, as necessary.
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Evaluate and streamline processes to manage day to day regulatory support.
- Workers compensation and commercial lines experience is an absolute plus
The Right Stuff
- 5-7 years experience working within the insurance industry. Previous exposure to workers compensation is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience doing data calls to state departments of insurance.
- Proven expertise in the design, development and upkeep of a regulatory database.
- Bachelors' degree is required.
Pie is a place where you can build a career while making a real impact on our company and the small businesses we serve. When you join Pie, you join a team of people who truly care about our customers and the work they do. If you are energized by a high-growth, fast-paced environment and are looking to do meaningful work, we want to hear from you.
• Competitive Salary
• A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
• Comprehensive health plans
• Take-as-you-need PTO – Salaried
• 3 weeks paid vacation – Hourly
• 7 days of paid sick leave – Hourly
• Commute Allowance
• 401k Match
• Modern office space with onsite gym
• Monthly Happy Hours
• Generous Parental Leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie Insurance Raises $45M Series B