Sr. Employee Relations Consultant - Investigations
As an Employee Relations Consultant your primary responsibilities will be to provide guidance, support and recommendations for the resolution of critical and complex employee relations activities. You will provide consultation and coaching to Americas based employees and managers on employee related areas such as (but not limited to): complex performance management, compliance and investigations, conflict resolution, sensitive exit and crisis matters. You will be required to build strong partnerships and work closely with all levels of management, the Employee Experience Business Partners, Adobe Employment Counsel, Internal Stakeholders and Centers of Excellence (COEs) with the goal to drive high employee engagement and support resolution.
What you’ll do
- Engage as a trusted adviser and subject matter expert to coach employees and managers on sensitive work-related issues related but not limited to conflict resolution; demonstrate a strong understanding of company policy, culture and values, and make recommendations to help resolve complex and unique employment related issues and support necessary course of action between managers and employees to drive positive outcomes
- Partner with managers on complex performance matters and monitor progress; coach managers and employees through corrective action and disciplinary actions
- Lead internal investigations in compliance and employee related matters, recommend solutions and assist with facilitation of resolution
- In close partnership with Business Partners, support managers and employees through departmental restructuring activities
- Participate in People Resources projects, as requested
What you need to succeed
- 8+ years of relevant experience working in an Employee Relations and/or HR Business Partner role
- Demonstrate effective influencing skills to provide resolution to complex and highly sensitive employee relations issues
- Understanding of Federal, State and Local regulations; ADA and Leave of Absence
- Experience leading multiple, concurrent, high-priority employee relations activities with a focus on timely and consistent execution
- Strong verbal, presentation and documentation skills
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and diagnose root cause through listening and inquiry
- Ability to work enthusiastically across diverse organizations
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team environment while developing strong professional relationships with peers, managers, executives and cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgment to problem solve, make decisions and involve necessary individuals at the appropriate time
- Demonstrate commitment to helping employees and managers be successful and achieving those results in alignment with company values
- J.D. from an accredited law school
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.