Senior Internal Communications Specialist
This role is responsible for designing and executing effective internal communication programs that drive team member engagement, and awareness of corporate news and priorities.
This role manages the volume, prioritization, channels and cadence of team wide corporate information. Using up to date best practices around the need to balance developing and distributing content, and creating and enforcing policies focused on employee audiences globally.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications and works closely with DigitalGlobe teams such as Media/PR, Marketing, Strategy, HR and the Executive leadership team. This person will also coordination with the Maxar Corporate/CMO organization.
The role is responsible for ensuring employees are informed and engaged. Items this role will oversee include: Marketing & Communications sections of Atlas, our company-wide intranet, manage our Slack communication channels, produce a weekly internal newsletter for employees, produce quarterly All Hands and other duties as required.
As a key member of the corporate communication team, this role will help with a variety of corporate communication deliverables as well. This person will work closely with DigitalGlobe executives and must be comfortable building and executing communication programs that drive engagement.
- Develop and implement employee-focused communication strategies and action plans
- Manage and execute against editorial calendar of upcoming content for team members
- Manage production of company all-hands meetings and other key internal events
- Oversee new company intranet and manage consistent cadence of content publishing
- Write and/or edit associated documents and content, including but not limited to: Intranet Home Page articles (Atlas); All-employee e-mails; Weekly team member news recap (The Arc); Key communications from the company’s Senior Leadership Team; Employee FAQs; Create A/V assets; Employee focused presentations and other internal event related content; Internal blogs and video scripts
- Lead development and enforcement of company-wide policies
- Lead production of multi-media content as necessary in support of function
- Define, measure and report key performance indicators
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university
- 5-10 years of experience in internal communication or related corporate communication discipline
- Extremely strong written, communication and presentation skills
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.