People Operations Partner
Guild is hiring a People Operations Partner (aka Human Resources Business Partner) to serve as a consultant to leadership and Guilders on People Ops related issues.
In particular, you’ll partner closely with leadership and management to provide day-to-day coaching and advice, implement company-wide programs, and help with organizational health and planning. You will be an ambassador of the Guild culture, ensuring it’s embedded in everything we do. You’ll build relationships across the organization while acting as a unifier, employee and Company champion, and trusted partner to both leadership and employees.
As a People Operations Partner, you will:
- Counsel and advise on issues related to employee and manager development, talent acquisition, talent management, interpersonal and team dynamics, retention, employee engagement, benefits, and legal compliance.
- Build relationships with senior leaders to optimize team performance and engagement.
- Work to build and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Build trust and credibility with Guild employees through regular check-ins, engagement surveys, etc. having a constant pulse on employee morale, culture, and pain points.
- Provide insights to leadership with recommendations for how to bolster areas of strength, mitigate areas of concern, and anticipate possible outcomes.
- Solicit feedback and utilize data to identify, surface, and act on opportunities to enhance the effectiveness, culture, and morale of teams.
- Handle and guide resolution on complex employee relations matters including investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Assist with the creation, communication and rollout of updated or new people programs and policies, thinking about how to make programs and processes as effective and scalable as possible.
- Assist with administrative People Operations duties as necessary.
- Model Guild’s culture, values, and behaviors.
In addition to working on the People Ops Team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Rachel Carlson (Co-Founder and CEO), Bijal Shah (Chief Product and Analytics Officer), & Josh Scott (President).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A minimum of seven years of progressive HR experience.
- An HR degree or equivalent experience and a deep understanding of HR practices, policies, and laws.
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions.
- Experience providing business insights to inform people strategy.
- The ability to work and connect with a variety of personalities on cross-functional teams.
- The ability to balance multiple, competing priorities and projects at the same time.
- An understanding of D&I principles and practices and comfort in discussing and advancing these topics.
- Strong project management skills.
- The desire to bring enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.