Payroll and Benefits Analyst
As Alto’s dedicated payroll and benefits analyst, you will have a large impact on all Altoids in Denver and our three locations in California. You will hit the ground running and actively work to ensure our payroll processes, benefits management, HRIS, and reporting are functioning properly and align with our company values. You will build and leverage strong networks internally and will always strive to be regarded by others as a valuable resource. You’ll be able to work autonomously and in collaboration with your team and strong business partners to drive impact each day.
As a People Operations Analyst at Alto you will solve complex and sensitive People Ops problems with a systematic approach and make effective recommendations for resolution - leveraging existing and developing new employee-centric protocol. You will use good judgement and discretion when managing sensitive information for the company. You will approach each Altoid with a calm, open-minded and ethical perspective. You can adapt and adjust to our ever-changing culture and environment, and help us create structure in our young company. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done because you care about the success of the team as a whole.
You’ll be our People Operations system administrator extraordinaire - building and auditing our systems, as well as providing top level customer service to our employees and vendors.
- Manage Alto’s payroll, including but not limited to: assisting with the transition to ADP Workforce Now, processing the bi-weekly and weekly cycles, reporting, answering questions about paychecks or payroll
- Administer Alto’s benefits programs through PlanSource
- Conduct payroll and benefit audits and compliance reporting such as: EEO, ACA, 5500, etc.
- Maintain high-quality data in our HRIS (BambooHR), conduct regular quality audits in all of our systems
- Assist the Talent Acquisition team with the administration of our ATS (Greenhouse)
- Facilitate the People Ops onboarding section of New Hire Orientation
- Train employees on how to self-serve with all of our People Ops systems
- And more!!!
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience processing payroll with ADP Workforce Now for exempt, non-exempt, and independent contractors
- Experience with leveraging HRIS for reporting and audits, such as regular quality audits, EEO reporting, and labor cost reports
- Experience and passion in benefits administration through PlanSource for all Alto employees
- Experience in leveraging People data to improve recruiting, retention programs, etc.
- Experience in vendor management will help us elevate how we leverage outsource vendors to execute on People Ops projects
- Self-directed and detail-oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience developing and improving processes
- Strong communicator with the ability to partner and influence across levels and functions
- Strong foundation in customer service
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong ability to self-reflect, learn, and be honest about development areas
- Organized, efficient and strong ability to prioritize effectively
- Proven ability to thrive working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Proficient in Google Suite applications such as Sheets and Presentation
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
It is a plus if you have:
- Experience with BambooHR and PlanSource
- Experience in Startups
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.