Health Benefits Advising Coordinator
Gusto’s Health Benefit Advising team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the health benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. You’ll be responsible for helping our benefit customers through their annual health insurance renewal by working closely with the benefits advising team and health insurance carriers. This job is mainly computer based with some action on the phones, communicating with health insurance carriers, and team based project work to increase efficiency.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will help our benefit advisors run renewals (loading plan changes, verifying carrier rates, analyzing customer data)
- You will work through opportunities and tickets in Salesforce
- You will communicate with health insurance carriers via phone and email to confirm proper coverage for our customers
- You will help to scale our growing health benefits operations and improve our processes - find issues and seek innovative ways for us to tackle our work
- You will partner with team members on special projects to increase efficiency
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 0-1 years work experience - bonus points for exposure to healthcare, finance, or a start-up environment
- Familiar with data entry and external company contact interaction + being part of a powerhouse team
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Health insurance or healthcare industry experience preferred, but not required
- Skills in problem solving, navigating ambiguity, cross-team communication, and a real passion for operations to ultimately improve people’s lives
- Excel in a metrics-based operational position where numbers matter and data drives new projects and ideas
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you can find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.