Head of Recruiting
Head of Recruiting, Signpost
If you’re looking for a place with a high performing sales team that has a passion for driving results and wants to help small businesses succeed, then this is the place for you!
With offices in the nation's fastest-growing cities: New York, Austin, and Denver, Signpost hires only the best sales talent to launch our organization to the next level. Our unique company culture and 'never give up' mentality at Signpost creates a dynamic environment for anyone who is passionate about recruitment and employee engagement. We’re backed by some of the smartest investors out there (Spark Capital, Google Ventures, OpenView) and our business is taking off. We need talented, passionate and disciplined self-starters who are looking for a challenge worthy of them at a place where they can learn, grow, and have real ownership.
**As a Head of Recruiting at Signpost, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the growth of our business and sales organization. Utilizing a full cycle recruiting processes and strategy, your focus will be to help continually build our Sales Team, retention and recruiting function as our teams grow and scale. You’ll work hand-in-hand with Sales leaders, HR as well as other departments to be a Signpost brand ambassador and a liaison to all candidates throughout the employee life cycle.
As a Head of Recruiting, your role will be to coach / develop the recruiting team on best practices as talent advisors, while building influential relationships with our business leaders, and have overall hiring responsibility across the sales function at Signpost.
A day in the life of a Signpost Head of Recruiting / Recruiting Manager
Everyday is different! You come in having the insight to understand your own daily objectives based on priority and game plan being part of an awesome team of folks!
- Serve as a Head of Recruiting / Recruiting Manager with a strong focus on developing and leading best in class talent acquisition strategies and initiatives, including candidate sourcing and being an ambassador to our Signpost employer branding.
- Lead strategically with a strong analytical, data-driven background and focus when it comes to recruiting metrics, pipeline management and retention strategies.
- Develop and lead a superior full-cycle recruiting experience to both hiring managers and external sales candidates across our offices in Denver, Austin and New York City.
- Build strong relationships and partner closely with sales management, HR and executives to lead recruiting processes and strategy from initial stages and throughout the interview process. This includes setting up strategy meetings to develop ideal candidate profiles and hiring needs with managers from interview sourcing through long-term talent retention.
- Train hiring managers and develop guides for those involved in the recruiting process on interview and HR / recruitment best practices in partnership with Sales Training team and our HR Director.
- Develop and conduct both experience and behavior-based interview screens that focus on our company’s core values and best-in-class sales skill experience we are seeking in our future rockstar talent.
- Bring strong experience collaborating and consulting with business leaders on both strategic and tactical recruiting plans, including pipeline management, sourcing techniques and job board management.
- Responsible for managing our job boards, including create ongoing / great content for our career pages and websites in partnership with HR team to ensure we are promoting our employer brand and attracting top talent.
- Mentor the recruiting team while increasing our recruiting capabilities as well as employer brand. This includes organizing recruiting events as well as exploring potential career fairs and university recruitment as part of our talent strategy.
- Function as subject matter expert on recruiting activities and maintain up to date knowledge of recruiting issues, trends, D&I initiatives and employment laws with HR Director.
- Lead the on-boarding experience with HR and new employees by gathering paperwork, I-9s and kicking off background checks.
- Led the recruiting team to stay on top of high volume of candidate interviews in a concise and consistent manner across all three offices
- Responsible for our ATS system (Greenhouse) including configuration of the system by creating offer letter templates, emails, forms and evaluation criteria forms.
- 3-5+ years of experience in direct recruiting / talent acquisition strategy or HR. Recruiting experience working with sales teams, a fast-paced start-up environment and /or cold-calling environments is a plus.
- Strong analytical background, including experience with leveraging data / numbers to improve recruitment strategies and retention required.
- Ability to step up as a Lead or Manager for the Recruiting team partnering with the Senior Director, Sales Training and Director, Human Resources on our driving recruitment strategy, pipeline and talent profiles for Signpost with a strong focus also on retention. This role will help oversee two other recruiters and projects in regard to our company’s sales recruiting efforts
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, upbeat environment
- Extraordinary communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work autonomously while maintaining focus and an unwavering work ethic
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment, developing processes and policies on recruitment strategies from the ground up.
- Motivation to grow and win, individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Greenhouse.io is a plus, but not required.
What to look forward to:
- Diverse responsibilities from Day to Day
- Great Team Culture
- Fun Happy Hours
- Playing ping pong or foosball (preferably possessing a fierce need to win)
- Flexible Vacation/ Time Off Policy
- Weekly Catered Breakfast
- We believe a healthy employee is a happy employee! Signpost offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for both employees and their dependents
- Stock options
Signpost is one of the nation's fastest-growing startups with over 8,000 clients and growing and has just received $52 Million Dollars in funding to Help Small Businesses Grow! We have been featured in Forbes, Tech Crunch, Inc., and The Wall Street Journal; not to mention we're consecutively listed as one of the best places to work year after year!