Head of Global Compensation at IHS Markit Digital
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. Our vision is to be our customers’ leading source for critical information, analytics and insight. Our purpose is to help our customers grow, enabling better decision making and operational efficiency. We focus on five key strategic pillars of customers, people, product, technology & data science and efficiency. We're a very unique company - we're made up of over 100 acquisitions, we serve the world's largest industries, and we operate in over 35 countries. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
The Human Resources function is comprised of a best in class team of HR professionals including HR Business Partners/Generalists, Recruiters and Total Rewards, HRIS and other functional specialists. The team has representation around the globe, supporting more than 15000+ total workforce, and is committed to the importance of employee experience; shown by our continued investment and focus on development of initiatives for our people, whist driving the company forward in challenging markets.
The Head of Firm-wide and Sales Compensation should understand the HR risks and requirements related to payroll, contracts and tax on global basis and the correct processes and structures in place to control the Reward function globally.
The person will set up the function, working closely with the Group Reward Director. He/she will be an absolute global compensation expert understanding area such as tax, governance, market practice in terms of both cash and non-cash compensation as well as someone who understands how to create a link between performance and reward. He/she will act as an internal advisor and ensure compensation follows a strict governance and is compliant globally. Deep understanding of complex reward mechanisms is a must. Ability to work at the most senior levels and also link reward to budget will be critical. There will be a small team to support this person and he/she will need to work closely with others around the global organisation both on the Energy, Transportation and Financial Markets side as well as within the Corporate Center to establish policies and guidelines. Providing expert guidance is critical. Working with external auditors will also be critical post year-end. This person will also be a key contributor to the Finance and Enablement functions.
- Develop and implement firm-wide and sales compensation policies, processes, and practices that are industry competitive, taking guidance from changing business requirements and employee expectations, and enable management to focus on and reward individual and company performance;
- Development of proposals in conjunction with HR, the business and payroll processing at HQ level and the development of an organisational model in conjunction with Group Reward and Finance;
- Review current cash incentive plan and associated rules and processes to ensure consistency, harmonization and accuracy; Introduce a target-based cash incentive model firm-wide;
- Monitoring of corporate governance changes and consequential impact on internal practice;
- Put in place the necessary tools to review and evaluate compensation across different levels and locations in the organization;
- Ensure programs can be implemented efficiently by the local organisations and reach the goals and ambitions of the overall organisation;
- Anticipate, research, and provide relevant, accurate information regarding compensation and sales incentive programs to ensure a sound basis for business decisions and analyse and evaluate the financial impact of rewards on the business;
- Review systems (including salary structures, sales and incentive schemes) allowing various region/country business units to manage salaries and total compensation in a consistent and competitive manner;
- Play a key role in driving compensation projects across the group in order to simplify processes and policies and ensure efficiencies and synergies across the organization;
- Ensure the group’s long-term strategy is translated into a compensation strategy, and be aligned to the HR and Total Rewards strategy and that the function is appropriately prepared and aligned for the future;
- Play a key role in planning, analyzing, preparing, and presenting materials for the HR Leadership Team, ExCo and the HR Committee;
- Serve as a key advisor to the Group Reward Director and other senior executives to ensure the company’s strategies and initiatives are supported by well-designed, contemporary plans and programs;
- Create an environment where internal and external providers work together seamlessly towards delivery according to agreed-upon Objective Key Results and performance indicators;
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators for compensation; Design and build a compensation dashboard for on/off-cycle reviews.
- Lead and animate the global compensation network and pursue the upgrade of the function by implementing collective and individual plans;
- Establish a link between code of conduct and HR practice to ensure appropriate assurance.
- Significant leadership experience and a proven track record of leading the compensation approach for a global organisation
- Demonstrable experience of the design and delivery of compensation strategies and policies
- Strong Business acumen and communication skills
- Financially savvy with strategic insight and experience in broad-scale, large platform global firm-wide and sales compensation functions
- A strong track record of driving large-scale projects through to delivery and implementation, especially across complex organizational structures
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Native fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong Interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise common sense at all times
- Able to develop strong, trusting relationships within department and organization
- MBA/BSc/MSc in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or relevant field
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.