Director, People Operations at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Director, People Operations. You will play an integral role on the People Team to help build and scale our internal employee processes and infrastructure to align with our employee value proposition, keep Guild in compliance, and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver timely, data-driven insights into people metrics. Solid, foundational people processes are a fundamental component of the People Team’s ability to deliver on our employee value proposition. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and work in an environment that is fast-paced and ever-changing.
As Director, Operations, you will:
- Build and lead processes that enable an effective employee experience from on-boarding through off-boarding; creating an efficient end to end People operation with a focus on quality, scalability and automation (i.e, self-service)
- Build a metrics-driven team that leverages reporting, dashboards, and employee insights to provide actionable data to management and key stakeholders on Guild People initiatives
- Provide consultative advice to internal clients (i.e., Executives, managers and employees) on People processes and infrastructure
- Partner closely with IT, Legal, Finance, and external vendors to lead and influence all People Operations processes and programs
- Develop and review all People Team policies and procedures across Guild. Monitor new laws and regulations, both at the federal and state levels, related to People compliance
- Partner with People Team, Legal, and IT/Information Security teams to manage cross-functional projects, including information security audits, on-boarding & offboarding, contingent workforce management, HRIS data integrity, and other areas related to HR compliance. You will lead ad-hoc People Ops strategic projects
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to business users and functional leaders to continuously improve and scale service delivery
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience building various People programs and processes from the ground up; proven ability to influence and drive change
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, as well as work collaboratively with a wide variety of employees, management and teams
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail while managing numerous complex projects and priorities to meet deadlines successfully
- A strategic thinker that can focus on tactical and operational issues in a fluid environment
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with minimal direction needed
- HRIS experience, ADP is even better! Specifically, building workflows and reporting dashboards within a company’s core HR system
- Strong understanding of US employment law and general knowledge of HR compliance considerations
- Employee benefits and/or experience managing total rewards offerings
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $130,000-$150,000 and bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth