Chief People Officer at Four Winds Interactive
The team at Four Winds Interactive is in search of a Human Resources Leader to continue developing and building upon our strong foundation that will allow us to successfully scale our culture & people programs as we continue to grow. You will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be a critical partner and advisor to our entire leadership team. Your empathetic nature leads you to approach designing people programs with the end user in mind. While you lead with empathy, you have an equally strong track-record of inspiring teams to deliver results that are valued by stakeholders and are delivered with a sense of urgency. You are driven by the ability to have an impact, and the opportunity to do so in this role is enormous.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. We encourage you to apply for a position with FWI even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements. We believe in fostering an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive.
- Serve as a strategic trusted advisor to senior leadership, providing guidance, constructive feedback, and consulting on effective leadership, and building teams in support of the business.
- Consult on all aspects of succession planning, talent management, organizational design, workforce planning, leadership development, and employee engagement.
- Create a culture where management and employees partner with HR to proactively solve workplace issues.
- Meet regularly with senior leadership to gain insights and review department strategies, goals, and performance in order to provide recommendations and support.
- Support the executive team to review compensation across the organization to ensure equitable pay practices and manage annual salary reporting requirements in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Maintain and update human resources policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines; communicate and model the organization’s mission, vision, and values in a clear manner, and provide guidance in the interpretations of such policies.
- Work closely with the division heads and hiring managers to establish and forecast people needs, establish staffing strategies and priorities, and manage related changes.
- Identify, create, and implement training programs with a focus on employee engagement, diversity, etc.
- Create, develop, and implement formal performance management/goal-driven program and compensation review programs; ensure timeliness, consistency, and distinction of performance ratings and standards.
Requirements for Success:
- 10+ years HR generalist experience; 5+ years in a senior leadership role.
- Seasoned HR executive with a strong work ethic and communication skills with the ability to work closely with C-Suite executives, management, and staff.
- Well-honed interpersonal and relationship-building skills that facilitate strong advisory relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Ability to blend the strategic and aspirational requirements of the role with the hands-on practicality to know that a world-class HR function is best built iteratively.
- Experience driving change, including working with the Executive Team to develop effective internal communication strategies.
- Proven experience in an entrepreneurial environment with multiple locations.
- Expertise as a thought leader, or big picture thinker, who anticipates future trends and consequences and creates strategies and plans accordingly.
- Ability to interact effectively with the company’s Board of Directors/Investors.
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and measuring the success of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Demonstrated success supporting an organization with 500+ employees.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred; HR certification a plus
Helpful for Success:
- Successful track record of supporting distributed/remote teams.
- Managing and leading global teams is a plus.
- Advanced degree in HR, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, or related field.
- Exceptional presentation skills and the personal presence to act as the public-facing voice of a company’s employer brand.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.