Fire Equipment Inspector - Portland, Oregon
Our Fire Equipment Inspector will be located in the Portland, Oregon territory. In this role you will use your skills to oversee the annual inspection requirements of fire truck apparatus to include aerial devices and ground ladders.
- Independently performs inspections of fire equipment.
- Interprets and analyzes examination and test results against UL requirements.
- Uses instruments to perform inspections, such as torque wrenches, dial indicator, micrometer, dial calipers, magnetic yokes, ultrasonic scopes and other UL supplied equipment. Confirms proper calibration of testing measuring equipment.
- Documents examination, variations and test results to appropriate UL forms. Maintains logs for scheduling inspections, time and expenses. Performs various calculations using Microsoft Excel.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
AAS in Non-Destructive Testing required.
- Familiarity with large emergency vehicles or commercial vehicles with hydraulic equipment is a plus.
- Candidate with previous certification to CP 189 or SNT-TC-1A, VT, MT, UT a plus.
- Candidate must possess a strong mechanical/electrical aptitude and technical ability.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with clients.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, must be able to lift at least 70lbs. Candidate must meet vision requirements as listed in CP 189. Must be able to work in elevated spaces.
- Requires good computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, IBM Laptop Computer/Lotus Notes.
- Position is remote and may require up to 75% overnight travel.
Candidates must be located or willing to relocate to the Portland, OR area.
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 130 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Diversity & inclusion: UL is committed to celebrating acceptance, equity and inclusion of all people. We believe our diverse views when combined bring a greater representation of the world and a better representation of our customers.
- Interesting Work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create. We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles. The salary range for this role is $61,000 - $71,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position. All employees at UL Solutions are eligible for annual bonus compensation. The target for this position is 5% of the base salary offered. Employees are eligible for health benefits such as medical, dental and vision; wellness benefits such as mental & financial health; and retirement savings (401K) commensurate with the standard rewards offered in each individual location or country, for the relevant position level. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation (15 days), holiday including floating holidays (12 days) and sick time off (72 hours). Internal applicants with questions related to the Total Rewards for this position should submit a ticket via askHR for more insights.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com