VP, Finance at Sovrn
About the Team
The Finance team at Sovrn helps our leaders and employees understand and grow our business. Our role is to facilitate process and execution, and to enable the business to scale rapidly and efficiently. We see the big picture and drive strategy while getting into the nitty gritty of process and details. We are the critical link between the development and the execution of our company strategy. We evaluate options, make decisions and put them in play.
About the Job
Sovrn is looking for a Vice President, Finance to lead our Finance team. This is a critical leadership role that will interface with the company’s executives and leaders across the organization, and will elevate the finance team as we grow organically and through M&A.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead and mentor a high-functioning, agile Financial Planning & Analysis team
- Assess and provide insights around industry and market trends
- Support our business and corporate development efforts
- Monitor and analyze key metrics across the business
- Team with leaders to identify and address opportunities and risks
- Partner with the CFO, CEO, President and other leadership
You are a curious and driven individual who enjoys fast-paced, complex and demanding environments. You are data driven. You are proficient with complex financial models and ad hoc analyses. You’re comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams and can manage multiple competing priorities. You develop independent ideas and theses. You are a confident leader and are comfortable making decisions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 8+ years in analytic finance roles, with at least 3 years in a leadership position
- Advanced modeling & scenario planning skills in complex business environments
- Ability to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with appropriate and dedicated urgency
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Experience with very large, complex customer data sets
- Proven success leading teams through M&A and integration activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results
- Demonstrate the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated accountability for agreed upon deliverables and timetables
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times as this position will be exposed to highly sensitive and restricted information
- Previous track record of managing relationships and setting expectations at the C-Suite level and above
- MBA and/or CFP
- Capital markets experience
- Experience working in the digital media and advertising industries
This position reports to: CFO
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $180,000 to $225,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.