U.S. Controller at Funding Circle
Position at Funding Circle US
Funding Circle is looking for a United States Controller to serve as a business adviser and integral part of the financial leadership team of the Company. The Controller reports directly to the United States Finance Director and will be responsible for leading the U.S. accounting operation, ensuring financial and tax compliance with all regulatory bodies, enhancing internal controls and systems, and assisting with key strategic initiatives of the Company. This position will be responsible for people development, process changes, managing a variety of audits, overseeing payroll and cash transactions, assisting in regulatory financial reporting and providing financial direction to executive management.
Bird’s eye view of the role:
- Establish, implement, and monitor appropriate internal controls to ensure conformance and compliance with IFRS and other statutory requirements as well as ensure compliance with the Group’s Financial Accounting policies.
- Analyze financial information to assist management in increasing profitability; make recommendations towards sound business decisions while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead all corporate & related audits, including regulatory reporting requirements as necessary.
- Manage tax compliance
- Manage the month-end close process and internal reporting for our United States operations.
- Ensure appropriate processing of, and accounting for, all cash transactions, payroll processing, stock compensation transactions, leases, and capital markets transactions for the US and Canada.
- Coordinate with UK parent accounting team to ensure consistency of accounting
- Provide guidance, coaching, and succession planning to direct reports.
- Contribute to cross-functional projects that enhance company value, including coordination with other global Finance staff.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
Our ideal teammate:
- Has 8+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance, CPA or equivalent certification required
- Has 3+ years of experience in a position equivalent to a Controller, managing Accounting personnel & processes
- Demonstrates strong Technical Accounting skills; Big 4 experience and knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Has developed a mastery of Microsoft Office applications and common Accounting ERP systems (Netsuite experience a plus)
- Exceptional work ethic – ability to “roll up sleeves” when needed
- Experience in financial services/fintech is preferred
- Has a track record of managing & developing happy, high performing, and engaged teams
- Is a strong relationship-builder across all levels
- Has experience working in high-growth, dynamic, quickly changing environments
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong data analytics skills
- Bachelor's and/or Masters Degree with emphasis in Accounting
- Identifies with our mission, “To build a better financial world”
- Aligns with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand together, Live The Adventure
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
Funding Circle is the world’s leading online marketplace for business loans, matching small businesses borrowers with investors in the UK, the US and Europe. We provide small businesses with access to fast, fair and transparent finance and investors with access to attractive returns. Our mission is to build a better financial world.