Technical Accounting Manager at Reserve Trust
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:49 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
As part of the Finance Team of Reserve Trust you’ll play a critical role providing subject matter expertise in areas of research, analysis and interpretation of accounting guidance, regulations, rules, and financial reporting & disclosure topics that impact the Company. This role will be required to provide clear and concise accounting memorandums and accounting policies that will include detailed summaries of impacts to the financial statements and accounting application guidance. The memos and policies documented by this team member will be a foundational component of the accounting team.
This role reports to the Controller and will partner and collaborate across the entire finance team and provide insight, trainings, and guidance on accounting, reporting and disclosure topics. This role will likely require some involvement in the internal and external audits and exams.
What You’ll Do:
· Research and analyzing a broad range of accounting questions and topics in support of new and existing business initiatives
· Compose accounting memorandums and related pro-forma financial statements based on research and analysis performed
· Monitor and effectively communicate the developments in accounting guidance and the potential impacts to the Company
· Manage implementation of new accounting methods/models based technical accounting conclusions and accounting policy elections made
· Produce application guidance and training materials for areas of accounting complexity due to the related accounting guidance and the operations of the Company
· Continue to design, refine, and maintain the Company’s accounting policies and procedures
· Provide subject matter expertise over the presentation and disclosure of the financial statements
· Build relationships with management of functional areas, including interacting regularly with key stakeholders across the business in areas ranging from Operations, Sales, People & Culture, and IT
· Minimum of 7 years combined experience in the following: public accounting, financial reporting, or accounting policy/technical accounting (minimum of 4 years in public accounting required)
· Experience leading complex accounting projects that include such areas as:
· Technical accounting research & analysis in areas such as (i) revenue recognition, (ii) equity and (iii) capitalization of software for internal use
· Rules, regulations and industry practice interpretation and application
· Implementation of new or updated accounting models/methods
· Financial reporting enhancement/refinement
· CPA (active) required
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related
· Strong knowledge of financial governance and compliance with GAAP
· Financial services experience preferred
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
· Capability to independently manage complex initiatives and research topics
· Experience training or developing individuals or teams in areas of accounting or financial reporting
· Well organized, detailed orientated, analytical individual with the ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting demands
· Proven leadership and management experience with a passion for team development and collaboration
· Comfortable with remote work environment
· Detail Oriented
· Drives Results
· Communicates Effectively
· Plans and Aligns
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
· FSA and HSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $125,000 – 150,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
The Reserve Trust Company is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Read Full Job Description