Staff Accountant at Sovrn
About the Job
As the Staff Accountant you’ll be responsible for executing general accounting functions including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, and reconciliations. We are looking for a talented and eager individual that will thrive in a fast-paced, exciting, and challenging environment.
About the Team
The Accounting team seeks to support Sovrn growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment. Our goal is to contribute to Sovrn at multiple levels by combining strong accounting and business senses, while subscribing to Sovrn mission and values.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process vendor invoices and prepare weekly payment proposals, ensuring all payments are processed in compliance and within specified terms.
- Record publisher earnings and prepare various monthly payments, based on terms.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and resolve outstanding issues in a timely manner, which may include working with various internal departments.
- Respond to publisher inquiries through Hubspot, utilizing various internal platforms and resources.
- Process employee expense reports, benefit tracking, and corporate credit card expenses.
- Administer annual 1099 reporting process for all vendors, ensuring compliance with IRS guidelines.
- Performs month end reconciliations.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures related to internal controls and best practices.
- Work closely with and support operational departments as needed.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as necessary.
You are a driven and detail-oriented individual who brings operational excellence as well as a creative, mindful approach to your work.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience required in a Staff Accountant or Accounts Payable role
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times as this position will be exposed to highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, always changing, team-oriented environment
- Must pay high attention to detail and be able to process a high volume of information quickly and accurately
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multiple departments
- Possesses the ability to prioritize multiple projects while staying organized in a fast paced environment
- Must be held accountable for agreed upon deliverables and timelines
- Experience with NetSuite, Expensify, Tipalti
- Experience in a technology-based growth company preferred
- Knowledge of the online publishing (media) industry
This position reports to: Manager, Accounting
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $60,000 to $75,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.