SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
You will make an impact by ensuring financial information is recorded accurately and timely to meet reporting requirements within the organization. You will also lead the charge on monitoring compliance with company policies and procedures related to accounting.
Success looks like
- Ensuring compliance with our credit card spending policy.
- Contributing to the success of shortening our month end close process with complete accuracy.
- Reconciling 100% of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
What you’ll do
- Manage credit card program: upload transactions, review cardholder reconciliations & manager approvals, revise policy as needed
- Daily banking: ensure daily banking is posted accurately, perform monthly reconciliation process
- Manage fixed assets & intangibles: revise policy as needed, record & depreciate items on a monthly basis
- Track prepaid items: develop process with accounts payable to record & amortize items appropriately, create & manage prepaids schedule
- Participate in month end closing process (journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations)
- Assist with external audit
- Oversee 1099 process in conjunction with accounts payable.
What you'll bring with you
- Collaboration & Teamwork:Focus on ‘we’ over ‘me’. Team-orientated, seeking to be part of a group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Drive for Results:Bias for action, high intrinsic motivation, thrives under pressure, maximizes opportunities and makes bold decisions at the right times.
- Effective Work Habits: Reliable and dependable, adheres to procedure, values trust and independent work.
- Productivity: Communicates effectively to ensure time is spent working on the right things in the right ways with the right people, maintaining optimal work output.
- Quality of Work: Freedom from errors and mistakes and the ability to consistently meet objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of work experience
- Immediate to expert level skills in Excel
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Healthcare experience, prefered
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay Transparency- starting salary range for this role is $65,000.
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.