Staff Accountant at Vertafore (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounting, the Staff Accountant is a vital member of the general ledger team involved in the accounting close process, preparation of GAAP and management financial statements, and interim/annual audits. We're looking for an individual who is a strong team player with the ability and drive to seek out areas which need refinement and improvement and who is a self-starter.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Be an integral part of the month-end close process including financial statement review and variance analysis.
· Generate and maintain monthly analytic files tracking changes in various Income Statement accounts. Correspond with FP&A team to ensure accurate reporting.
· Maintain account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and consistency of assigned general ledger accounts.
· Prepare miscellaneous journal entries including accruals and expense reclass entries.
· Work with external auditors to fulfill audit requests.
· Document and improve processes throughout the Accounting function.
· Work on projects as identified and assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience with Microsoft Excel including formulas and pivot tables.
· NetSuite experience preferred but not required.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Located and working from an office location in Denver (when required)*
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!