Staff Accountant at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures (journal entries, reconciliations and analysis) for revenue and other technical areas of accounting as needed.
- Participate in cross departmental discussion to assess impact on revenue recognition for new revenue streams and customer relationships.
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics and benchmarks) as part of the monthly review process with FP&A.
- Create process documentation, accounting policies and build schedules to support journal entries and analysis.
- Strive to continuously improve and automate the accounting and reporting process and instill proper financial controls, wherever possible.
- Prepare periodic government census survey reports.
- Work with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Provide support on special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary, such as NetSuite billing automation, custom reporting and dashboard.
What we are looking for:
- 1-2+ years of overall general accounting experience.
- Technical Skills: Intermediate excel skills and NetSuite, SAP or Oracle experience preferred.
- Accounting degree required, CPA preferred or in progress.
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Strong GAAP research skills, internal controls and SOX compliance experience preferred.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability and willingness to meet critical business deadlines.
- Should be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team environment.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, Colorado and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $60,000-$65,000.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.