Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
Wurk is looking for a staff accountant to join our finance and accounting team. The right candidate will come from a small to medium sized company. We're looking for candidates that are excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Process bi-weekly payroll and any ad hoc reporting and reconciliations.
- Own and oversee the AP and AR process.
- Book all bank and credit card transactions.
- Ensure employee compliance with company expense policy.
- Maintain & organize Wurk’s accounting inbox.
- Assist team in forecasting/budgeting & adhoc reporting.
What you’ll need to have!
- 2+ years of relevant staff accounting experience.
- 2+ years of payroll processing experience.
- 2+ years of AP and AR experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading industry.
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver in the gorgeous ballpark neighborhood
- Do you love dogs? So do we! (We’re dog-friendly!)
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of self-managed PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Eligibility to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Due to our small size and the abundance of Denver-based applicants in this 2% unemployment market (and the fact that this is a strictly on-site role), we will not be facilitating relocation and will only be contacting local talent at this time. If you live in Denver and want to work in the heart of the city, we want to meet you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.