Staff Accountant at Wurk
Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
As a key member of the Accounting team, the Staff Accountant will be the go-to expert on all things billing and product related costs. You must be comfortable working within a fast-paced, growing company. Being detail obsessed is a given, you love a good excel formula, and finding efficiencies makes your day. You will report directly to the Director of Finance & Accounting and join a growing team.
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Be Wurk’s resident billing expert.
- From analyzing contracts to creating billing generators, and invoicing clients
- Work with Operations and collaborate with other groups to resolve any customer issues and ensure billing accuracy
- Collaborate with other groups to resolve any customer issues and ensure billing accuracy
- Month end close responsibilities that include key product reconciliations and variance analysis on select accounts
- Various post close reporting that feeds into business KPIs
- Manage our accounting inbox and deliver stellar internal/external support
- Assist with special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to have!
- 1 - 3 years of accounting experience
- Fast learner interested in improving processes
- Excellent communication skills to interact with customers as well as various levels of staff
- Experience working with Quickbooks, strongly preferred
- Experience working with a fast-growth technology company, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or mathematics are preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading industry.
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver in the gorgeous ballpark neighborhood
- Do you love dogs? So do we! (We’re dog-friendly!)
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of self-managed PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Eligibility to receive equity in Company
- $300 Annual Fitness Expense Reimbursement
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.