Wowza is seeking a Staff Accountant to support the growth of our accounting, finance and administrative functions. The ideal candidate will have experience in AP/AR, payroll, GL accounting and systems knowledge. This person will play a vital role in the continued development of various finance and accounting functions to support the growth of Wowza. This role will be based in our Golden, CO office.
What you will be doing:
- Perform general accounting functions, account reconciliations and other financial analyses
- Processing of accounts payable, credit card payments, expense reports (Concur)
- Working with the billing team to assist in customer transactions and revenue reporting using QuickBooks and our billing system (Zuora)
- Revenue recognition and deferred revenue reconciliation and reporting
- Assist with our annual audit, income tax returns, sales & use tax reporting, budget vs. actual reporting and various other accounting and finance projects
To be successful, you must be very attentive to detail and be able to navigate through accounting (QuickBooks), payroll, billing (Zuora), CRM (Salesforce) systems, as well as from other disparate data sources. Communication skills and working with service providers, customers and other functional departments are critical. This position requires excellent hands on execution and independent project work.
Experience we'd love you to have:
- 3+ years of experience working in an accounting department with involvement in account reconciliations, AP / AR, and GL accounting.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Distinctive problem solving skills, combined with the ability to communicate with all functional groups
- ASC 606 revenue recognition experience a plus
- Ability to process information, analyze data, and reach conclusions based on sound reasoning
- BA/BS degree preferred
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 19,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world.
What we love about working at Wowza:
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Yoga Classes and Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.