Sr. Accountant at Vertafore
This position will be a key member of the revenue accounting team. This person will be responsible for general accounting duties such as preparing analyses, journal entries, and reconciliations. Other key duties include leading the monthly Revenue Analysis meeting, documentation of policies and procedures, and performing tasks and analyses to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting. This position will be responsible for interacting with business partners to understand our business and to ensure accurate accounting. This position will also involve providing prompt resolutions to both internal and external inquiries on a daily basis.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performing analysis related to ASC 606, including contract review and accounting implications
· Problem solve manual processes in the Revenue operation process and explore ways to mitigate risk through automation
· Assist with documentation of SOX compliance controls related to the Revenue process
· Performing Deferred Revenue analyses, account reconciliations, and rollforward calculations
· Lead the monthly revenue reporting process
· Own month end Journal entries related to revenue accounts
· Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Accounting and the FP&A team to perform trend analysis and analytical reviews related to revenue
· Develop relationships with business partners
· Mentoring and coaching other members of the Revenue team
· Lead financial statement audits, including pulling audit documentation support, throughout the year
· Bachelors degree in accounting or related field or relevant experience required
· SaaS Software experience preferred but not necessary
· Strong grasp of revenue management theory and concepts
· Strong Analytical skills to identify trends, variances, and problem areas
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
· Participate in annual and other audits by providing relevant support for testing selections
· Intermediate to advance skills with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft excel (including ability to generate pivot tables and write simple excel formulas)
· Two years of work experience in a revenue accounting role is a preference but not necessary
· Having an open mindset, good listening skills, and willingness to incorporate best practices
· Being a team player
· Being comfortable with change resulting from the need to incorporate best practices
· Strong communication skills and ability to make presentations in meetings
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Location can be in the office or remote, as mutually agreed to
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.