The Senior Accountant IV - Commissions/Payroll is responsible for Commissions/ASC 606 including, but not limited to data validation, process improvements, statement creation and continual adjustments, reporting analysis and ad hoc requests, recording monthly commission accruals, submission to payroll of commission payments, and validation of exceptions through approved process. This position is also responsible for various aspects of month end close, including but not limited to journal entries, reconciliations, and operating expense flux analysis as well as semi-monthly reviews of scheduled payrolls for accuracy.
- Monthly manual calculation of Commission accrual and payments in Excel.
- Creation of new Commission calculations due to new Sales Incentive Plans (SIPs), Contests or Bonuses.
- Responsible for various aspects of month end close, including but not limited to journal entries, reconciliations, and operating expense flux analysis.
- Reconciliations are to be completed accurately and timely each month, with any reconciling items researched, documented and resolved as appropriate.
- Assist with yearly financial statement audits.
- Assist with additional projects on an ad-hoc basis at the direction of the Accounting Manager.
- Booking all journal entries related to Commissions/ASC 606.
- Data Validation of inputs into Commission calculation.
- Assist in implementation of Commission Calculation system.
- Day to day responsibility for the specific general ledger accounts assigned.
- Journal Entries are to be recorded and supported as needed.
- Ensures the company financial records are kept in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Supports projects within accounting function to ensure continuous improvement of accounting processes and identify areas of improvement.
- Advanced/Expert level proficiency in Excel.
- Advanced specialized knowledge and experience with complex commission plans.
- Experience in monthly close process and general ledger environment with supporting account reconciliations.
- Self-motivated, time efficient and proactive with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong ethical and confidentiality standards are essential.
- Enthusiastic team player willing to assist others where necessary.
- Strong analytical, technological, communication and organizational skills.
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years of work experience
- Advanced/Expert level proficiency in Excel
- CPA strongly preferred
- Public and Private accounting experience
- Experience with complex commissions plans and knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience with Oracle
Estimated salary range for this position: $95,000-$105,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes. GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.