Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of this Position:
Works with Assistant Treasurer & Director Global Financial Risk to understand, uncover, and mitigate global financial risks for Ball Corporation. Assists with the day-to-day global hedging transactions (commodity, interest rate, foreign currency and equity) in North America, Europe, and South America. Will help develop the appropriate global strategy for these risks by monitoring and analyzing markets and presenting solutions based on those conditions and risk tolerance. Executes approved strategies on a global basis and assists with global ISDA credit lines and monitoring counterparty risk.
- Intermediate understanding of financial derivative strategies to manage these risks under the guidance of internal risk management policies and procedures, as well as ASC 815 and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Works with the Treasury Team to maintain key banking relationships, and grow these relationships to understand ongoing activity in financial markets.
- Tracks global counterparty risk exposure to help minimize corporate liability to single financial institutions
- Executes commodity, foreign exchange, equity, inflation and interest rate hedges (e.g., forwards, options, commodity swaps, interest rate swaps, and cross-currency swaps) as needed.
- Assists with back office management for derivative transactions
- Work with Treasury team to maintain Treasury Management systems, with focus on maintaining systems that create financial reporting of derivative transactions
- Assists with creating reports on hedging strategies to senior management on a quarterly basis, including preparing and presenting to the respective risk management committees.
- Analyzes and forecasts impact that changes in commodity prices, foreign exchange rates, and interest rates will have on the division and corporate results.
- Works as part of a team with the Commercial and Sourcing to analyze appropriate business risk related to contract terms and negotiations, prepares market related presentations for major customers and internal employee education on FX and aluminum risks.
- Assists with US-GAAP hedge accounting compliance in cooperation with the Controllers department, i.e. documentation requirements, derivative valuations and ongoing effectiveness assessment, external auditor’s acceptance, SOX and other internal control procedures
- Works with business finance and commercial sales groups in support and analysis of competitive advantages and disadvantages
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college.
- Job related experience for 3+ year(s) minimum
- undergraduate degree in economics, finance or statistics and/or graduate degree from a business school or CFA/FRM designation preferred.
- Working knowledge/skills/abilities in the following areas preferred:
- Creating, amending, and implementing company policies, procedures, products and strategy for global risk exposures.
- General administrative and managerial principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures.
- Experience with GAAP accounting, hedge accounting (ASC 815), SOX controls and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard financial risk techniques, procedures, and criteria across different financial risks and exposures
- Able to communicate and explain the creation of commodity/FX/rate financial risks and to a broad audience with varying degrees of understanding of financial derivative instruments and risk strategies.
- Experience with Treasury Management systems (Kiodex, Quantum, FXall) and financial data systems (Bloomberg and Reuters)
- Must possess a strong financial risk management background including understanding the use of financial derivatives.
- Practical experience building and implementing statistical risk management techniques, such as VaR, or Monte Carlo.
- Given financial market nature of position, regular work cycle of this position (Monday-Friday) will follow Eastern Standard Time
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans