Senior Manager - Cost Estimating & Pricing at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Senior Manager - Cost Estimating & Pricing
Manage and direct the activities of a group of employees performing the Estimating & Pricing Operation (EPO) functions within the Civil & Operational Space (COS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU). The role must show mastery of the Cost Estimating & Pricing function with responsibility for leading proposal preparation with adherence to the Estimating System Description (ESD), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Nasa Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (NFARS). This person will support the COS SBU with estimating and pricing strategy discussions and analytics, and proposal/cost volume preparation. This person will also help foster innovative costing and price strategy approaches within Ball Aerospace procedures and policies.
What You'll Do:
- Directly support new business efforts as a member of the proposal leadership team responsible for proposal pricing strategies.
- Lead the Estimating, Pricing & Analysis, Post Proposal Support work for all new business and changes proposals within the SBU - for example RFP and SOW deliverables, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), labor and non-labor estimate development, labor and rate analyses, basis of estimates (BOE's), schedule & resource analyses, risk & opportunity analyses, profitability, Life Cycle Cost, proposal audit file maintenance, fact finding support, negotiation support, internal & external audit support, and pricing standard and process reviews.
- Provide guidance and training to EPO and project control analysts in the areas of cost estimating and government regulations compliance.
- Flow down EPO goals to direct reports, complete performance review and job requirements documentation for direct reports on an annual basis, provide training, guidance and compliance standards to estimating staff.
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure personal growth and management visibility.
- Provide thorough guidance to direct reports, proposal teams, Advanced Systems staff and Strategic Business Unit management in support of Cost Estimating and Pricing.
- Support development of proposal win themes and position to win strategies.
- Lead cost modeling/data validation efforts.
- Utilize government based estimating methods and industry tools to validate other estimating techniques (USCM, NICM, Gov't CERs, SEER, True Planning, etc.).
- policy (contained in the ESD and FAR), guidance memorandums, practices, applications and tools.
- Support Data Collection, Metrics & Modeling activities, including historical data collection, analyses, DCAA/DCMA audit requirements application, implementation of best practices and influence in the development of overall objectives, strategies and long-range goals of the program/organization.
- Oversee lessons learned documentation, assessment & implementation of corrective action/improvements.
- Support Industry/Government cost estimating groups participation and implementation of best practices (e.g. NASA Cost/Schedule Symposium, NASA Cost CIPT, and NASA CADRE)
- Support DCAA/DCMA audits.
- Support the development of overall objectives, strategies and long-range goals of the program/organization.
- Conduct presentations for internal management on items related to Ball cost estimating & pricing policies, processes, tools, compliance and industry/government activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 12 years or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Understanding of typical project requirements and processes.
- Eight or more years of demonstrated experience working strategic cost proposals (i.e., financing), volume development, and management preferred.
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience in cost estimating model development (excel-based), application, and maintenance preferred.
- Solid communication, client facing experience and/or consultative experience working across multiple groups and boundaries.
- Solid strategic and data analytical skills, including metrics, cost estimates, profitability, and risk.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $129,000 - $177,750 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.