Senior General Ledger Accountant at AMP Robotics (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Senior General Ledger Accountant
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Senior General Ledger Accountant reporting to Accounting Manager to focus on preparing journal entries, reconciling financial statements and accounts, and ensuring data accuracy. The Senior GL Accountant will support our Accounting and Finance teams and be based in Louisville, CO. The Senior GL Accountant will also have opportunities to work with finance senior leadership as well as management across our other departments.
As our Senior GL Accountant, you will work to:
- Prepare journal entries, reconcile financial statements and accounts, and ensure data accuracy
- Assist with review of Accounts Payable (review payments of vendor invoices, receipts, and reimbursements; reconcile vendor statements)
- Process Accounts Receivable (prepare billings for customer contracts)
- Process revenue recognition transactions
- Review financial records, processes, and accounts to ensure accuracy
- Reconcile various bank accounts by compiling and balancing financial information
- Correct accounting errors and posts journal entry adjustments
- Prepare fixed asset depreciation and accruals
- Update and maintain general ledger accounts
- Assist with preparation and review of sales and use tax returns and registrations
- Identify pain points in AMP’s accounting processes and develop solutions to solve them
- Be a driving force for quality and transparency within the accounting team and the company overall
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or related field
- 4-7 years of experience in an accounting role
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable with cloud based applications
- Experience with NetSuite (ERP) a plus
- Experience with AvaTax sales tax software a plus
- Must be able to work 40+ hours per week
- Experience with cross-functional communication and customer interaction
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience with NetSuite, Avalara/Avatax, Expensify, and/or Tipalti
- Public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or relevant field required
- 4-7 years of experience in an accounting role
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO (partial remote considered)
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & compensation information: $80,000-90,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).