Senior Financial Analyst
The position will be responsible for FP&A / Business analysis activities supporting IT. The successful candidate will have strong accounting/finance knowledge and must possess strong business acumen and thrive in a dynamic business environment. The candidate must also have strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate clearly with global and senior management team. The candidate should be passionate about the use of technology to solve business problems, including a high proficiency with Excel. Key personal characteristics include motivation, attention to accuracy, priority setting, customer service orientation, and drive to meet deadlines. The candidate must be able to work closely with accounting groups, IT leaders, and regional finance teams.
- Primary responsibilities will be supporting a global IT team, managing monthly forecasts, annual planning, developing automated reporting capabilities, and providing performance tracking. Role will interface directly with regional business and finance leaders as well as providing support to the global IT organization.
- P&L Analysis: Conduct independent analysis and interpretation of the business unit financials on a monthly basis.
- Planning and Forecasting: Understand the various elements of the P & L and B/S and their relationship and provide detailed analysis of the data to the business unit leaders.
- Position will be a member of the Corporate FP&A team supporting IT.
- The analyst must be comfortable working with large amounts of data and be able to understand key business drivers at the macro level. The analyst will be asked to perform ad-hoc requests involving forecasting, variance analysis, and impromptu requests.
- The analyst will work and interact with different levels of the organization as well as cross functional departments.
- The Analyst will work under the supervision of the Finance Manager but will be expected to work autonomously at times
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent degree required
- Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality analysis within tight deadlines by prioritizing, identifying roadblocks, and collaborating with colleagues and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service and the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Team player who excels in collaborative environment