Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
To provide technical support to their business partners in Corporate General & Administrative departments and Senior Management of the Global Packaging businesses for all aspects of Financial Planning, Forecasting, Reporting, and Analysis.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis of the financial performance of the Global packaging business as assigned to develop rational explanations and actionable analysis.
- Supports project teams in the development, implementation and execution of special projects with finance oversight, includes but not limited to gathering and translating business requirements and needs, data analytics and systems testing.
- Support monthly data load and validation processes alongside systems teams to ensure accurate and timely reporting, active resolution of issues, as well as, continuous enhancement of data and report automation to drive value added decision making.
- Design, build and maintains various financial templates, reporting packages, dashboards and other financial models
- Provides guidance and support to their assigned Global packaging business partners for financial planning, capital planning, and forecasting processes.
- Prepares financial models and ad-hoc analysis as requested to analyze financial information related to planning, actual results, or projects.
- Provides Economic Value Added (EVA) financial models to analyze the organizational impact of new or potential capital and acquisition projects as needed.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with our team and with our business partners at the Corporate Headquarters and in the Operating Divisions. This includes the ability to collaborate, compromise and develop constructive solutions that represent the greater good of the organization.
- Identifies, assesses and implements improvements to the organization’s planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis processes and ensures consistent application among all business partners and Global FP&A team.
- Responsible for communicating with all business partners across the organization to include building presentations and oral delivery, written emails and memorandums, and informal conversations.
- Maintains a situational awareness of the market place that the organization’s operating units are competing in to include key customer events and performance, economic performance indicators, and competitor activity and performance.
- Maintains and keeps up with changes accounting for US GAAP and contemplates their impact on the future financial performance of the organization.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related professional field acquired through a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Certified Public Accountant certification or equivalent professional credentials in accounting and/or finance preferred.
- Job related experience for 3 years in accounting or finance-related positions, experience in public accounting or experience in a public corporation
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Finance, accounting, Economic Value Added (EVA),
- Business and economic principles and practices
- Strong Financial modelling and Excel spreadsheets, data visualization, and other applicable software applications
- Microsoft Office applications with advanced excel skills
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems – JD Edwards or SAP
- Enterprise Performance Management systems – Hyperion preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 10
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans