Senior Director, Payer Relations (ADX-35-21) at ArcherDX
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
- Maintain market intelligence on the evolution of the marketplace. Assess changes and protocols occurring in the future that will have impact on Archer products and provide insight on any changes on our relationships with customers. (Constantly ensuring the value proposition does not need modifications)
- Responsibility for the 7 Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs). Responsible for in person meetings with each Contractor Medical Director and the distribution and discussion of Archer product material. Assist SVP on the submission for Z-code to McKesson/Palmetto.
- Assist the SVP on working with HEOR personnel to develop and ensure the payer dossier and accompanying economic models are effective for market access customers (payers and LBMs). Will develop an accompanying power point slide deck of HEOR materials to provide to the reimbursement field teams for customer discussions.
- Create detailed training materials for integration of the reimbursement field team in supporting Market Access objectives. Integrate training from other departments such as marketing, sales and medical affairs.
- Lead on the collation and summarization of existing clinical and economic evidence to support product positioning.
- Responsibility for coverage discussions with all national commercial payers (United, Aetna, CIGNA, Anthem, and Humana).
- Responsibility for 3rd party clinical/technical assessment committees (Hayes, ECRI, BCBSA)
- Work with the cross-functional business units to prepare for critical commercial payer meetings and provider (Hospital, IDN, LBM) meetings.
- Collaborate with internal market access personnel, marketing, sales management, clinical, regulatory and product development teams to ensure a unified strategy is executed effectively throughout the business.
- Own the business by creating and seizing opportunities as well as identifying and clearing any barriers to delivering results.
- Lead on providing pricing information to First Databank for effective crosswalk of NDC to unlisted codes.
- Experience with U.S. market access conditions and health policy trends.
- Minimum of fifteen years of progressive responsibilities and demonstrated experience with Medicare local contractors and commercial payers in successfully establishing coding, coverage and payment for products.
- Candidate must have an excellent understanding of issues surrounding the coverage of new products by MCOs, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Position requires a thorough knowledge of how pharmacoeconomic data may be used to influence decision-making.
- Preferred experience includes one or more of the following: experience with local Medicare contractors, Medicaid and private insurers to positively influence company products coding, coverage and reimbursement status, managing payer accounts, interfacing with medical societies to generate physician advocacy with payers, and public health/health care economics consulting.
- Exhibits exceptional leadership skills, high emotional intelligence and an executive disposition that is consistent with the company’s vision and values.
- Strong persuasion and influence skills and compelling communication skills.
- Ability to quickly adjust to work environment changes and proactive moving projects and priorities forward in the face of ambiguity.
- Strong strategic skills to prioritize work, assess problems and make decisions.
- Exhibit strong teamwork skills and ability to contribute to collaborative projects.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a proven track record of developing commercial strategies and collaborating across functions.
- Ability to engender trust and loyalty and foster an environment of open communication, collaboration and engagement.
- Possesses the ability to navigate organizational politics in an effective manner.
- Quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with changes in the work environment; tries new approaches appropriate for new or changed situations; does not persist with ineffective behaviors.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree in business, health care administration or public health preferred.