Senior Auditor, Aerospace at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Perform independently all phases of financial, compliance and operational audits in accordance with department, regulatory, and professional standards.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Assists the internal audit department’s management in:
- reviewing administrative policies and procedures and internal financial, accounting, operating and systems controls to assure compliance with management’s stated objectives
- reviewing internal controls to assure that corporate assets are properly protected
- assessing the adequacy of risk management systems and policies
- assisting in the design and assessing the effectiveness of management information reporting systems
- assessing the accuracy of external financial reporting and compliance with governmental and regulatory rules and regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements
- conducting special projects as assigned by management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- adhering to the internal audit department methodology to ensure internal audits are conducted in a consistent and quality manner
- Performs all phases of financial, compliance and operational audits in accordance with department and professional standards, at times with minimal supervision. Specifically, the auditor, senior aerospace will:
- assist in determining audit scope through technical research and discussions with operating management
- prepare detailed audit programs to cover the audit objectives included in the scope of the audits
- perform and document, in conjunction with lower level audit staff where applicable, all procedures necessary to satisfy identified audit objectives
- clearly and concisely communicate audit findings to management in a timely manner
- prepare formal audit reports, including findings, impact and management action plans, for distribution to executive and operating management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- ensure that audit findings receive appropriate management attention and that needed corrective action is implemented in a timely manner
- Supports a team-focused environment in the deployment of the department’s responsibilities.
- Effectively utilizes current technology, in coordination with information technology auditors, to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Position Requirement & competencies:
- United States Citizen
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other relevant professional qualification preferred.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accounting and auditing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Government contract accounting and regulatory requirements, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Familiarity with Defense Contract Auditing Agency (DCAA) audit methodology and procedures.
- Familiarity with common indicators of fraud.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans