Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting & Analysis at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Prepares the company's public financial statements and compiles the supporting documentation, as well as assists with department and group-wide projects as they arise.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Responsible for the preparation of Ball´s 10-Q and 10-K.
- Responsible for the press release financials and other publicly filed documents.
- Designs templates for global, company-wide requests for information to support the company's public financial reporting and coordinates the information gathering on a company-wide basis.
- Coordinates discussions with segment finance leads to understand quarterly operational results.
- Conducts accounting policy related research, as well as emerging issue impact assessment.
- Assists in the performance and coordination of accounting analysis for potential impacts of new finance systems and processes, together with the divisions and in close coordination with the functions (e.g. sales, sourcing, tax, legal, etc.).
- Prepares necessary accounting documentation (ARM, etc.) of significant transactions in cooperation with the company's segments and external auditors.
- Responsible for leading group finance projects as delegated by the VP & Controller and directors.
- Assists in the adoption of new accounting guidance.
- Serves as key contact for external auditors and third party software providers.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 years of public accounting
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: CPA
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Knowledge of accounting standards in the US and internationally (US GAAP; IFRS/IAS);
- Controlling and Management Reporting skills;
- Sound business understanding;
- Good communication skills (both oral and in writing); and
- Knowledge of relevant accounting systems (HFM, JDE, etc.).
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 10
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans