Senior Accounting Manager
Greater Denver Area
Hotel Engine Accounting Manager
About the Company: Hotel Engine is a bootstrapped startup that has grown more than 3x in the last 2 years. Hotel Engine is a hotel booking platform designed for business travel. We offer unrivaled discounts and customer support. Our vast partner network, smart technology, and passionate people enable us to offer curated solutions on demand to meet every business need.
About the Role: We are searching for a highly motivated individual to lead 3 direct reports and be a key partner to our development, sales, and client service functions. This position reports directly to the VP of Accounting & Finance, with high visibility and interaction with leaders throughout the company. We are a bootstrapped startup, which means we build processes, solve problems, and manage competing high priorities daily.
- Management and responsibility of all balance sheet reconciliations and related journal entries, ensuring all transactions and accounts are in compliance with GAAP.
- Execute a 4-day close.
- Manage a team of 3: Staff Accountant, AR/AP Specialist, and Hotel Commissions Receivable Specialist.
- Manage the annual audit, including coordination of timing, work, and requests from third party auditor.
- Manage preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Assist with tax strategy and filings, including state, federal, and local requirements.
- Perform technical accounting analyses to substantiate proper accounting treatment of various transactions and accounts. Includes implementation of new accounting standards.
- Identify and lead process improvements, including efficient monthly close processes, optimization of NetSuite functionality, and company workflow.
- Assist in creation of control environment, including identification and implementation of risk-based controls throughout various accounting functions.
- Work on special projects and ad hoc requests as necessary.
- Coach, inspire, and lead accounting team by setting the example.
- Able to work the necessary hours to meet our deadlines.
- Maintain a tenacious work ethic and positive attitude.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- B.A. in Accounting and a CPA is required.
- Combination of public and private accounting experience preferred.
- Highly advanced user of Excel
- Prior experience in a start-up is highly preferred.
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Self-starter: ability to resolve issues independently with minimal supervision.
What we provide:
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 2 weeks unpaid vacation
- 2 paid days for volunteer time
- Stocked kitchen with fruit and snacks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Paid gym membership, discounted wireless plans
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Read Full Job Description