About the Company
SALT is the pioneer of crypto-backed lending and offers crypto-focused financial services for individuals and businesses. Committed to fostering adoption of blockchain technology, we’re working to bridge cryptocurrency with traditional finance. With an emphasis on security and customer service, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, businesses, banks, and governments across the globe to participate in the blockchain economy. SALT operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and commercial asset-backed loans secured with cryptocurrency and provides asset management services. The platform is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Salt Blockchain Inc. For more information, please visit saltlending.com.
SALT is a remote first organization with a dynamic workforce. SALT offers medical, dental and vision health insurance with 100% paid premiums for employees and their eligible dependents, generous PTO, a 401(k) with company match, company equity, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee perks program, a remote work expenses stipend, a home office set up payment, a charitable matching gifts program and an engaged culture with a wonderful team! If you enjoy a fast-paced, progressive, hard-working environment, SALT may be the place for you.
About the Position
The Finance and Accounting team at SALT has an opportunity for an experienced and motivated professional to serve as Senior Accountant, reporting directly to the Controller and working with and on key areas, such as Loan Origination, Cryptocurrency Accounting, Treasury and Investment Management, Month End Close and Reporting, Audit including SEC 10K/10Q reporting, and other ad hoc reports as required by management. The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for day-to-day accounting and reporting duties and will also support the Accounting and Finance teams as needed. This position will work remotely.
- Provide accounting control over several subsidiaries, including preparation of all journal entries and related work papers
- Assist in loan origination, servicing and payment processing
- Reconcile cash, loan portfolios, treasury, and investment management activity
- Perform crypto accounting with a focus on accounting for intangible assets and related FIFO accounting
- Monthly/quarterly/year-end reporting with strong SEC 10K/10Q reporting background
- Work directly with Custody team to reconcile crypto currency activity
- Assist with the preparation of tax and regulatory filings
- Prepare support and responses for audit inquiries and help with internal and external audits as required
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and yearly close process and prepare financial reports for executive management
- Provide feedback to software developers to improve reporting/lending platform functionality
- Support the Accounting/Finance Department by completing administrative tasks
- Generate ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Accurately execute daily processes and controls in a timely manner while ensuring company policies are followed
- Strict confidentiality with secure information required
Needed Candidate Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field from an accredited college/university and a minimum of two years’ experience in areas of needed experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and time-management abilities.
- Highly adept with accounting software/ERPs and associated integrations.
- Must operate with an insatiable appetite for learning and sharing new trends in technology.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships.
- Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, analytical, proactive, self motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Additional Preferred Candidate Experience:
- Financial Services, Fintech and/or Banking and Asset Management experience.
- Strong understanding/comfort level with cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
- Experience with public reporting/filing requirements.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a CPA candidate - studying for / preparing for exam.
- Experience from one of the Big Four accounting firms.
Works remotely from anywhere in the U.S.