Senior Accountant at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Full ownership of various accounting areas including financial reporting, equity, debt, and tax
- Oversee monthly accounting close procedures (journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis)
- Assist in the preparation of the month end reporting package (including compiling drivers for variance analysis), monthly financial statements, and ad hoc reporting for FP&A and senior leadership
- Act as a key team member in preparation of the year end financial statements and completion of the audit
- Help facilitate the completion of tax related deliverables with our external tax partner
- Own equity related processes including acting as the main contact for shareholders
- Support leadership with strategic initiatives
- Review contracts and current business practice to identify potential accounting issues
- Participate in cross departmental discussions to assess accounting impact of unique transactions
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Create process documentation, accounting policies, and build schedules to support journal entries and analysis.
- Strive to continuously improve and automate the accounting and reporting process and instill proper financial controls, wherever possible.
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
What we are looking for:
- 3-4+ years of overall general accounting experience
- Accounting degree and CPA required.
- Technical Skills: Intermediate excel; Netsuite, SAP, or Oracle experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and changing environment
- Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability and willingness to meet critical business deadlines.
- Should be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team environment.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping and payments app that has delivered more than $675 million in cumulative cash rewards to its users for making purchases in-store, on mobile apps, or via websites. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has more than 35 million downloads and has become one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. The Ibotta platform provides cash back on purchases at more than 1,500 leading brands and hundreds of retailer partners. In 2019, Ibotta launched its payments solution, Pay with Ibotta™, enabling shoppers to pay for their entire purchase through the Ibotta app and instantly earn cash back. Ibotta was named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., after debuting on the list in 2018. The company recently became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.