Engrain has transformed the way people find, lease, and manage properties. Engrain provides a holistic suite of mapping solutions built specifically for the real estate industry to provide stunning unit-level map visualizations that integrate with countless websites and property tech applications. Our revolutionary, unit-level map data and interactive visuals within our SightMap, TouchTour, and Asset Intelligence product lines allow both property owners and prospective renters to better ensure occupancy and drive revenue.
As our Revenue Manager, you will have the opportunity to be a part of Engrain's growth and dynamic environment. You will be a subject matter expert for billing, revenue recognition, and software license management. As a business advisor and team leader, this role will support global operations and work closely with sales, business operations, legal, systems, and finance teams. The individual must understand, analyze and communicate financial impacts of contract structure and bookings pipeline through to recognized revenue throughout the organization in accordance with ASC606.
What you'll do...
- Shape a critical area of the business and lead a team of 3 direct reports
- Review customer contracts to ensure compliance, accuracy, and timely reporting of revenue and revenue-related accounts under US GAAP
- Collaborate with sales, legal, and finance teams to review and evaluate revenue implications during contract negotiations and provide solutions that align with business objectives and ensure compliance with ASC 606 revenue recognition principles.
- Optimize Order-to-Cash and revenue accounting month-end close processes
- Perform monthly and annual close activities which include license management and account analysis on a customer-level, preparation of revenue journal entries, documenting and performing impact analysis over contract amendments and modifications, performing account reconciliations and flux analyses, and resolving issues as needed
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition treatment under ASC 606 by reviewing contracts and/or product overviews, validating proper recognition in financial systems, and reviewing/approving associated journal entries and revenue schedules.
- Liaise with external auditors, including, drafting technical position memos, responding to audit requests related to revenue and performing walkthroughs
- Lead special projects to continuously improve processes, including the implementation of new revenue management and billing software, and working with the Controller to build reporting from adjacent systems to assist with internal and external reporting
What you offer us...
- 6+ years of accounting experience; CPA (or CPA track) required
- 3+ years of public accounting experience preferred; a combination of public accounting with industry experience in software and/or SaaS a major plus
- Must have an in-depth understanding of accounting theory (e.g. GAAP) and revenue recognition for SaaS and software companies
- Experience with revenue and deferred revenue reconciliations and journal entries
- Experience with ERP Systems (especially in NetSuite) as well as revenue/contract management and sales-reporting tools (including Salesforce, Salesloft, etc.), a major plus
- Excellent communication skills; can establish credibility, build consensus, and partner cross-functionally without direct authority
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results
What we offer you...
- Salary Disclosure for Colorado: minimum base salary of $125,000 - $145,000. Final offer amount is determined by factors including years and depth of candidate's experience, certifications, and skill set alignment to the job requirements
- Various health, dental and vision insurance plans to choose from
- 2-10 weeks of paid parental leave + additional paid and unpaid leave options
- Up to 18 days annually of PTO & 10 holidays per year
- Dog-friendly office
- 401k match up to 4 percent
- Annual stipend for personal growth through our Grow450 program
- On-site amenities include a professional fitness center, flexible & modern workspace, coffee bar, happy hour taps & team member lounge
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.