QA Accountant at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Accounting
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
- This Role will require you to keep and continue to develop your accounting and financial experience.
- The Auto Finance application in a complication financial system. To ensure product reliability is excellent E2E testing of all financial workflow is essential. This role is a key contributor to the test strategy adopted by Auto Finance.
- Establishes and implements quality assurance and compliance processes for IT.
- Works closely with IT leaders to develop/implement overall quality maturity roadmap and plan for each IT functional area.
- Establishes internal IT service quality control standards, policies and procedures. • Develops, publishes and implements software quality assurance plans.
- Consults with development, testing and production teams to develop, publish and implement software quality assurance plans.
- Reviews progress toward software quality assurance plans regularly with IT leadership, technical teams and internal customers to make modifications as necessary.
- Establishes internal IT service quality control standards, policies and procedures. • Monitors, evaluates, manages and executes audit processes to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates and facilitates quality assurance activities across projects with project managers.
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams on quality assurance methodologies and processes and educates them on their responsibilities/accountabilities to achieve on-time and quality deliverables.
- Makes recommendations and directs improvements to the software development lifecycle process.
- Documents non-compliance to policies, processes and standards and assists in resolution. • Analyzes and identifies trends in IT performance metrics.
- Designs, monitors and analyzes performance metrics program for quality improvement initiatives.
- Conducts audits and analyzes findings to develop appropriate corrective action recommendations.
- Provides training on established processes and policies.
hat you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, information systems, business administration or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Working knowledge of receivable accounting, and general ledger systems
- Broad knowledge of FIS products and services, business practices and processes
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry practices, regulations and processes
- In-depth knowledge of one or more end-to-end systems lifecycle development methodologies
- Advanced proficiency in at least one appropriate quality management and improvement methodology, e.g., Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, Software Engineering Institute – Capability Maturity Model (SEI-CMM)
- Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
- Proficiency in project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent training/presentation skills to educate the organization on new or updated processes
- Willingness to shares relevant technical, process and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team-building, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take • Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.