Professional Services Consultant Receivables at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
25 - 50%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
All consultants must have the capacity to work with cross functional teams to accomplish overall project goals. The consultants will all have varying levels of expertise in each of the following responsibilities.
Currently on a Travel ban, however once travel resumes could be up to 75% based on need under normal conditions.
The primary responsibilities of the Professional Services Consultant are:
- Leading and executing project activities regarding functional and technical requirements and designs, testing, training, and support
- Assisting with project planning and requirement gathering and specifications
- Coordinating work tasks with cross functional team leaders to develop solutions with other team members
- Executing and delivering project tasks within time and budget constraints
- Understanding client needs, and developing and maintaining excellent customer relations
- Assigning tasks to other consultants and supervising work when necessary
- Store all Project deliverables (signoffs, documentation, workbooks, customer status reports, tech info/vpn, issues list, major decisions, etc.) on SharePoint.
- Ensure time is entered and submitted for each time period.
- Ensure detailed comments are provided for each billable time entry.
- Ensure vacations, floating holidays, and personal time off is scheduled.
- Ensure billable client project tasks are scheduled.
- Ensure Travel Approval Requests are approved prior to any travel arrangements.
- Ensure expense reports are entered and submitted within a week of the expenditure.
- Ensure the created JIRA issues are worked, updated, and eventually closed.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in Finance in the Order to Cash space. This includes Accounts Receivable, Collections, Dispute Management, Credit Risk Management, Cash Application, etc.
- Experience working on software implementation projects.
- Experience with IT processes, basic knowledge of SQL, scheduling and running application jobs, troubleshooting issues via log files and researching knowledgebases, and being a liaison between the business and IT teams.
- Experience working with GETPAID is preferred
What we offer you
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.