Procurement Lead at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Procurement Lead, you will help develop, execute and manage Checkr’s sourcing, negotiation and vendor management activities. You will wear multiple hats and make an immediate impact by building strong relationships across all of Checkr’s business units and helping Checkr source the best data / products / services at the best price.
- Build strategic partnerships and trust across all business units
- Lead new vendor initiatives. You are the PM between Legal, FP&S, Accounting, department business units, and other key business partners in the procurement process. This includes supplier selection, contract / pricing negotiations and contract management
- Construct and manage RFIs and RFP processes
- Lead spend management projects that accomplish key objectives such as savings, process effectiveness, supplier consolidation and management, risk reduction and management, improvised visibility and control of expenditures.
- Evaluate company spend on a regular basis to help prioritize sourcing initiatives and savings opportunities
- Develop presentations and data reporting for internal stakeholder communications / updates
What you bring:
- 8+ years of strategic sourcing or other relevant experience
- Expertise across the full lifecycle of strategic sourcing and corporate procurement activities including sourcing strategies, RFP development & analysis, supplier selection, contract negotiations, contract preparation, and review and analysis
- Outstanding communication, strategy and presentation abilities
- Experience influencing strategy
- Exceptional analytical, judgment and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead complex initiatives
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $125,800-$148,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.