Payroll Tax Team Lead
The Tax Resolution team is seeking a leader who is passionate about providing a world-class experience during key-moments along a customer’s journey. You will have the privilege of empowering a team that utilizes a combination of problem solving, research and investigation, negotiation and communication, and deep payroll expertise to resolve complex payroll tax issues. You’ll also have the opportunity to make a direct impact on individual and team career development, personal and professional growth and overall process improvement.
The Tax Resolution team is within the Customer Operations function and is at the core of providing services that give our customers peace-of-mind. Our amazing team is a fun group that works hard and laughs a lot! No egos here — we collaborate and help each other out in a positive environment. If helping to build, collaborating and empowering a team is something you’re passionate about, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Lead a Tax Resolution team of passionate individuals with a focus on personal and professional development while managing Gusto business needs
- Provide subject matter guidance to individuals on researching & resolving complex payroll tax notice cases
- Use data to monitor and improve individual/team performance and provide insights on how we can improve our tools and processes, as we scale
- Understand and communicate the company initiatives, OKRs, and metrics used to measure growth and performance
- Be an advocate and champion impactful product enhancements and process improvement initiatives for the team
- Build lasting relationships with key stakeholders at local, state, and federal tax agencies to advocate for our customers
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years of team management experience with an emphasis on putting people first
- 2+ years of payroll experience preferred (CPP or FPC is a plus!)
- Experience creating career development roadmaps
- Strong analytical mindset and with the ability to tell a story with data
- Experience working in Salesforce or Tableau and are a project management guru
- Can distill and explain very complex topics to those with little to no subject matter expertise
- Can build relationships, influence, and negotiate better than most people you know
- Great at detective work and creative problem-solving, with a keen eye for details
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.