Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
Responsibilities of the Procurement Strategic Sourcing Manager position include:
- Developing and implementing key categories strategies and procurement processes across all business units.
- Managing procurement team to meet defined objectives and support company strategy.
- Developing sourcing strategies to support relevant business unit owners and ensure lowest cost of ownership.
- Contract and negotiate with suppliers based on strategic aspects and TCO (total cost of ownership) approach.
- Conduct cost and market analysis to benchmark current suppliers and solutions.
- Collaborate with senior management to deliver best practice for procurement processes and compliance management.
- Act as a reliable and well trusted interface between the organization and suppliers.
- Identify business improvement opportunities, steer and track with key performance metrics through Procurement Dashboard.
- Research and employ innovative sourcing methodologies and strategies in order to ensure maximum benefit and value for money for the business.
- Organize and maintain contracts and vendors in procurement database including develop a plan to prioritize and execute the plan
- Drive renewals with relevant business owners via regular meetings to ensure company is being proactive around its recurring spend including to make decisions to consolidate or cancel certain purchases that would otherwise renew
- Drive Spend & Renewals Desk weekly meeting to ensure appropriate visibility with business owners and that actions are being taken
- Drive spend validation to ensure Vertafore is obtaining the best terms in its agreements with its vendors
- Vigorously negotiate our agreements with vendors to ensure best terms, utilizing playbook and standard templates and best practice RFP processes
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal applicant will possess the following skills:
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional environment with good negotiation skills and high degree of influencing and communication skills.
- Assertiveness, high tenacity, ability to work in a team as well as in a self-motivated and flexible way towards agreed objectives.
- Proven experience developing procurement processes and category sourcing.
- 7+ years senior procurement management experience in a mid-size company, preferably in the software industry (experience in environments with large IT spend will be considered)
- Strategic and flexible mindset with analytical and result oriented thinking.
- Bachelor's degree or other professional procurement credentials preferred
- Experience and good command of ERP required