Manager of Financial Data & Systems at SALT
About the Company
SALT is the pioneer of crypto-backed lending and offers crypto-focused financial services for individuals and businesses. Our mission is to build products that increase access to financial opportunities and give people more control over their ability to generate wealth long term. Committed to fostering adoption of blockchain technology, we’re working to bridge cryptocurrency with traditional finance. With an emphasis on security and customer service, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, businesses, banks, and governments across the globe to participate in the blockchain economy. SALT operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and commercial asset-backed loans secured with cryptocurrency and provides asset management services. The platform is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Salt Blockchain Inc. For more information, please visit saltlending.com.
SALT is a remote first organization with a dynamic workforce. SALT offers medical, dental and vision health insurance with 100% paid premiums for employees and their eligible dependents, generous PTO, a 401(k) with company match, company equity, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee perks program, a remote work expenses stipend, a home office set up payment, a charitable matching gifts program and an engaged culture with a wonderful team! If you enjoy a fast-paced, progressive, hard-working environment, SALT may be the place for you.
About the Position
The Manager of Financial Data & Systems, reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, will have the opportunity to grow our technical execution for finance and accounting, develop queries to pull data, leverage systems to their full capability and effectively communicate financial information in a clear and concise way driving process and outcomes. This position will work remotely.
- Be responsible for data integration between finance systems and monitor data flows to ensure data is timely and accurate
- Implement high security standards, including setting and monitoring user roles and permissions
- Assist with system integration and functionality issues including engaging with vendor support for defect resolution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build necessary data infrastructure
- Leverage business process knowledge and expertise in finance and accounting to drive business process improvements
- Document and maintain current and new system process flows
- Develop, document and implement policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure data integrity, change protocols, customization and usage
- Responsible for the change management and release process for finance systems
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of finance systems functionality, customization and integration
- Build and maintain API and Query connections with trading exchanges to develop trade blotter and create required accounting entries
- Experience in banking, lending, financial services, asset management - ideally starting in an accounting role and later transitioning to a technology role
- Deep understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- 6+ years of experience with some combination of financial systems, accounting and technical background
- Advanced understanding of Sage Intacct (or similar accounting system)
- Expert in building queries, API connection and scripts
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated to work in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Ability to work and communicate in a remote environment
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
Works remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
Anticipated hiring range of $100,000 - $125,000 DOE