Lead - Credit & Collections at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Lead - Collections and Credit, you will report to the Revenue Controller. You will play a significant role in Checkr’s Order to Cash process, by being responsible for the Checkr’s trade credit and collections processes. You will have full ownership of Checkr’s collections processes - dunning, responding to customer inquiries, payment plans, etc. -, partner with the Customer Success team to ensure timely and consistent messaging to customers, partner with the cash accounting team to ensure payments are accurately applied to AR balances, and support month-end operations like the allowance for bad-debt and aged receivable write-offs. In addition, you will manage Checkr’s trade credit approval process, help with ad-hoc projects, and support our annual financial statement audit.
- Review outstanding accounts receivable balances and perform collections
- Reach out to customers regarding severely aged outstanding balances, and respond to customer inquiries
- Assist with continuous process improvement and development of automated systems, including implementation and enhancements to AR/Billing tools
- Support the Customer Success team on inquiries related to billing and credit requests
- Prepare financial reports on AR and related balances, including ad-hoc internal reports and financial analysis reports
- Manage Checkr’s bad-debt and receivables write-off processes
- Run Checkr’s trade credit approval process
- Partner with internal teams and develop relationships to ensure positive collaboration
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations
- Assist with the management of annual financial audits and month/quarterly reporting for board meetings
- Assist with day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the accounting and finance department
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3-5 years of accounting-related work experience
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Netsuite); Stripe experience a plus
- Experience with JIRA and Zendesk a strong plus
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); familiarity with databases and SQL a plus
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, and proven ability to drive process improvements
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $108,800-$128,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.