Implementation - Conversion Analyst IBS Deposit Balancing at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Integrated Banking Services (IBS) is a service bureau core processing system easily scalable to meet the needs of banks from $500M to $50B in assets. It is a highly integrated system using a comprehensive set of bank processing parameters to define products and attributes. The core processing systems include the Lending Suite, the Deposit Suite, Customer Management (CIS) and General Ledger.
What you will be doing
Responsible for making sure all IBS Deposit system transactions are appropriately mapped to general ledger (GL) by examining data files, processes, forms, reports and operational needs of customers. Validates and balances all IBS Deposit data and transactions being mapped to general ledger. Determines customer specific processing parameters and completes FIS IBS application interface set up for client use. Trains clients on the deposit balancing procedures and provides support during conversion.
- Completes product workflow documents summarizing all processing requirements and determines key challenges in converting customer to FIS systems.
- Through data analysis, product mapping and interviews, gathers forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements with programming team.
- Creates data maps and transaction workflow documents showing exactly how system transactions will be mapped to general ledger.
- As part of the conversion process, tests customized software against customer specific needs, shares with customer reports and application specific data that reflects how conversion data will be processed. Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.
- May develop new procedures with client to ensure FIS software is used appropriately.
- Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to FIS balancing.
- Coordinates and conducts readiness review. This includes directing the customer in the preparation and execution of test scripts to verify accuracy of data, training and procedures, system set-up and reports. The readiness review process ensures the customer training and procedures, the system, and the conversion data are correct and ready for actual conversion.
- Throughout project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide clients in the use of the system.
- Conducts training sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- Acts as an on-site resource during conversion and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures, conducts last minute training if necessary and provides support during conversion week. Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors with the customer and obtains client sign-off. Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes and balancing adjustments.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Strong banking or banking operations background with emphasis in accounting skills required.
- General Ledger and/or reconcilement experience required.
- Deposit processing experience required.
- Deposit operations experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of FIS Integrated Banking System (IBS) is a plus.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to understand, apply and explain concepts
- Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
- Requires high attention to detail
- Positions involving data mapping require strong analytical and technical skills
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both
- internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- Ability to work occasional weekends is required.
- Travel 25-30% is required.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.