Financial Analyst at GHX
We are seeking a finance professional that thrives in a dynamic and changing business environment. This person will support the objectives of the GHX Finance function and be part of a high-performing team of Financial Analysts. Responsibilities include analyzing data from multiple sources to ensure accuracy, identifying and troubleshooting inconsistencies; annual planning; monthly forecasting; financial reporting as well as providing financial analysis and decision support for various functional or business units. The successful candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter that enjoys analyzing large data sets from multiple sources, extremely detailed oriented, the ability to be flexible and to quickly deliver ad-hoc analysis in a fast-paced environment.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Gather data from various sources and compile information into a usable format to analyze and present results to internal and external customers
- Ensure data is accurate and consistently maintained; troubleshoot inconsistencies. Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality, includes data reconciliation to identify data anomalies
- Analyze data for the purpose of identifying data anomalies, drawing conclusions, and determining scope of impact
- Assist in preparing annual budgets and monthly reforecasts. Scope of responsibility may include bookings, revenue, operating expense, capital expense
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of financial results and business drivers, including detailed variance analysis to budget, prior forecast, and prior year
- Participate in the compilation of monthly reporting to the Board of Directors
- Present financial information to other members of the finance team, CFO, and senior leadership in the organization
- Provide insight on financial risks and opportunities to achieve company's goals
- Act as a financial liaison for business or functional leaders
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for effective decision support
- Learn GHX business, products, and industry
- Participate in the integration of new business
- Participates in special projects as deemed necessary by management
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong communication skills under general supervision
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, primarily using Microsoft Excel
- Data analysis experience to include comparing information from multiple sources and analyzing inconsistencies or anomalies
- High ownership of work product
- Ability to handle workload under time pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to work closely with all levels of staff, including executive management
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to a dynamic business and market environment
- Ability to keep highly sensitive information confidential
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics
- Minimum of 2-3 years hands on finance experience in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis or data analysis
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.