Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
The Financial Advisor assists Personal Capital’s investment clients on a wide range of financial matters, being the primary point of contact for a book of assigned clients (no prospecting). The Advisor is responsible for effectively communicating clients’ portfolio strategies and providing guidance on a variety of financial planning topics.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive relationship management via phone conversations, email communication, and in-person meetings. Client interaction is both proactive and reactive.
- Act as liaison between clients and Personal Capital’s Investment Committee, explaining investment strategy and engaging in portfolio, market, and economic discussions.
- Client education on investment philosophy and capital market functionality.
- Assist clients with financial planning in areas such as retirement planning, savings strategy, and education planning. Also, work with our Financial Planning Specialist Team, who assists clients & Advisors with more complex planning issues.
- Effectively coordinate with our Operations Team on client-related administrative issues.
- Assist in increasing the efficiency of the company’s processes and procedures through innovative approaches toward improvement.
- Potentially take on ancillary duties such as assisting in the training of new Financial Advisor hires and conducting presentations to groups of clients around the country.
The ideal candidate will provide an extremely high level of service to Personal Capital’s clients, retaining assets under management and garnering additional assets through diligent communication, proactive education, and unfailing responsiveness.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Direct high-net worth client communication within the investment advisory field.
- Multiple delivery channels: Experience with client interaction via phone & email, as well as in-person.
- Compliance: Proven abilities to maintain appropriate policies & procedures for regulatory-driven requirements. Must possess a clean U4 record.
- High-level knowledge of current investment products and industry services.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record in relationship management and customer satisfaction.
- The ability to compare and contrast the benefits and suitability of different investment options and products.
- Excellent operational and organizational skills, with the ability to efficiently multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- College degree or extensive industry experience required.
- Series 65 or equivalent required.
- CFP® preferred.
Personal Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range$ 60,000.00-84,000.00
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.