Financial Advisor - Service Advisor at Personal Capital
Looking to make a real difference?
You belong right here.
Come build a rewarding career helping others achieve their financial dream at an organization that values your own long-term success. With your unique talents, you have what it takes to be bold and brilliant in everything you do and reach new heights for a company dedicated to diversity and inclusion, community and you.
If you share that belief, this is where you belong.
Join our team of nearly 6,000 associates across 40 different locations worldwide and start your future today.
Personal Capital is a leading digital wealth management company, founded in 2009. We’re on a mission to transform financial lives through technology and people, providing both insight-driven advice with free financial tools and personalized wealth management from 200+ registered financial advisors across the country. Personal Capital has raised $315 million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over two million users, helping them track over $840 billon of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning apps paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $12 billion in personalized investment portfolios for American families. Personal Capital is headquartered in Redwood Shores with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Dallas and Atlanta.
The Financial Advisor assists Personal Capital’s investment clients on a wide range of financial matters, being the primary point of contact for a book of assigned clients (no prospecting). The Advisor is responsible for effectively communicating clients’ portfolio strategies and providing guidance on a variety of financial planning topics.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive relationship management via phone conversations, email communication, and in-person meetings. Client interaction is both proactive and reactive.
- Act as liaison between clients and Personal Capital’s Investment Committee, explaining investment strategy and engaging in portfolio, market, and economic discussions.
- Client education on investment philosophy and capital market functionality.
- Assist clients with financial planning in areas such as retirement planning, savings strategy, and education planning. Also, work with our Financial Planning Specialist Team, who assists clients & Advisors with more complex planning issues.
- Effectively coordinate with our Operations Team on client-related administrative issues.
- Assist in increasing the efficiency of the company’s processes and procedures through innovative approaches toward improvement.
- Potentially take on ancillary duties such as assisting in the training of new Financial Advisor hires and conducting presentations to groups of clients around the country.
The ideal candidate will provide an extremely high level of service to Personal Capital’s clients, retaining assets under management and garnering additional assets through diligent communication, proactive education, and unfailing responsiveness.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Direct high-net worth client communication within the investment advisory field.
- Multiple delivery channels: Experience with client interaction via phone & email, as well as in-person.
- Compliance: Proven abilities to maintain appropriate policies & procedures for regulatory-driven requirements. Must possess a clean U4 record.
- High-level knowledge of current investment products and industry services.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record in relationship management and customer satisfaction.
- The ability to compare and contrast the benefits and suitability of different investment options and products.
- Excellent operational and organizational skills, with the ability to efficiently multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- College degree or extensive industry experience required.
- Series 65 or equivalent required.
- CFP® preferred.
Personal Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.