The Finance Business Analyst will support the ongoing validation and testing of our finance data warehouse. The Finance Business Analyst will work closely with business leaders, functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to ensure the accuracy of the financial reporting platform. The Finance Business Analyst will be responsible for executing the day-to-day validation, QA, change management, and enhancement tracking of the finance data warehouse. This includes writing requirements and test plans for PostgreSQL environments, business intelligence tools & technologies, and preparing documentation for SOX quarterly walkthroughs. This role is approximately 90% business and 10% technical.
We are looking for a unique individual who has finance business acumen combined with project management experience for BI and PostgreSQL environments.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Responsible for monthly close and reporting validation assisting the team with review of revenue journal entries and account analysis
- Validate PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL functions and ETL data output
- Write and execute test plans, document test results, and reconcile data across different platforms to ensure accuracy
- Review code changes, Tableau report output
- Prepare quarterly and yearly SOX documentation and attend SOX walkthroughs.
- Work directly with the Revenue team to gather and write requirements for new acquisitions
- Create, categorize, and track JIRA tickets through completion to satisfy SOX and change management requirements for new and existing logic, including reports
- Validate logic changes required for upstream and downstream applications impacting the warehouse
- Serve as a SOX technical reviewer for logic changes performed by the Operations Engineer
- 8-10+ years of experience with hands-on roles in database administration, BI tools, project management, finance, or related fields.
- At least 1 year PostgreSQL and pgAdmin experience
- Experience working in the financial services industry or supporting an internal, corporate finance function
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience in database engineering/optimization including strong expertise in PostgreSQL best practices, queries, and frameworks
- Experience in BI tools and processes (Tableau and Looker preferred)
- Basic financial acumen
- Experience in project management practices, methodologies, and leading projects through the full lifecycle of inception to launch
- Strong understanding of database best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Experience using a variety of database technologies such as PL/pgSQL
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Familiarity with Tableau and Looker
- Experience using a variety of database technologies such as Postgres
- Experience with SOX controls and compliance
- Experience validating financial reporting solutions
- Working knowledge of financial systems
- Experience in life science, healthcare industries, or diagnostics segment
- Domain knowledge in clinical genetics
Location: Preference is San Francisco, but remote U.S. location ok
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.