Zoom is growing its finance/tax team to meet the demands of an evolving company and tax landscape. The Federal Tax Lead will play a critical role in building a tax function that can continue to flex with such changes.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, the Federal Tax Lead will direct federal tax matters, including planning and tax provision and reporting processes.
- Manage the financial statement reporting process as related to direct and indirect taxes, including coordinating/partnering with G/L, FP&A, Stock Admin, Payroll, etc.
- Coordinate with other tax leads (e.g., international, state and local) in broader tax initiatives and in accounting for financial statement impacts
- Partner to support the business and other functions to consider and effectively communicate impacts of contemplated business changes and to implement cross-functional initiatives
- Direct internal and/or external resources in ensuring the proper execution of tax and company initiatives as well as timely reporting, including income tax filings
- Monitor developments with respect to tax laws and accounting standards and socialize potential impacts
- Enhance and maintain internal controls related to tax processes, and partner with internal and external audit functions
- Champion pursuit of opportunities, including credits/incentives, as well as pursuit of automation and best practices
- 12+ years of experience, with management roles in a global accounting firm's federal tax practice and public software/technology company/ies
- Deep expertise in ASC 740 and intimate understanding of the inputs and steps to preparing interim and annual tax provisions from an in-house perspective, and experience in bringing automation/efficiencies to such processes
- Significant experience accounting for business combinations
- First-hand experience with ERP systems (e.g., Oracle/NetSuite) and tax reporting systems/tools (e.g., OneSource, Alteryx)
- High level of process- and detail-orientation, and willingness to roll up the sleeves
- Continuous improvement mindset to bring best practices and efficiencies to help the function flex with growing requirements
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram