Controller at Location3
***This is a remote position, but we are currently only able to hire within the U.S.***
Expected Salary Range: $100,000 to $120,000 annually depending on experience.
We are looking for a Controller to support the organization by creating and continuously improving the financial reporting necessary to meet company objectives, including annual budgets, interim forecasts and monthly/quarterly reporting. Additionally, the Controller will:
- Responsible for all monthly close and reporting, budgeting, forecasting and reporting;
- Provide management and oversight of the accounting and finance functions;
- Direct accounting policies, procedures and internal controls and all related compliance;
- Drive efforts to ensure the seamless and accurate flow of data from business operating systems to the financial general ledger;
- Be responsible for continual improvement of internal accounting & operational systems;
- Manage and oversee the relationship with outside accountants, auditors and other professionals as required;
- Monitor actual performance against budget for all annual financial and interim forecasts;
- Supervise the finance and accounting management and staff;
- Develop and support of business planning, forecasting, and analysis;
- Identify operating performance measures both financial and non-financial;
- Develop complex financial and pricing models and reporting packages;
- Analyze business plans from potential acquisition candidates and assist with the acquisition process;
- Lead efforts to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s processes;
- Assist in the evaluation of assumptions for reasonableness and consistency; and
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis and/or breakeven analysis for various projects assigned.
- 8-10 years progressive experience in financial planning, forecasting, analysis and modeling;
- Experience in building and managing key metrics and operating reporting (beyond just producing financial reports);
- BS Accounting, MBA strongly preferred, CPA preferred;
- A roll up your sleeves, hands on approach with a sense for strategic deliverables;
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills;
- Collaborative management style;
- Prior experience in startup and medium to large company;
- High level of analytical capabilities;
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills;
- Outstanding computer skills including a proven progressive financial modeling and valuation skills; and
- Detail oriented and process focused with evidence of driving measurable results within established timelines.
- Experience with Intact platform, a plus
- Experience in marketing and technology, a plus
- Experience with PowerBI preferred
Creative Thinkers, Data Geeks & Digital Enthusiasts – Location3 Media is a digital marketing company built to improve the findability and performance of consumer and retail brands through enterprise-level and local digital marketing solutions. Founded in 1999 and located in the heart of Denver, Location3 has a staff of 55+ full-time employees who service global, national and local brands. More than half of Location3’s client base has worked with the agency for at least three years, as Location3 improves the findability and performance of every client they partner with.
Location3 is looking for passionate people with innovative thinking who want to work with a performance-driven team. We emphasize working hard to bring our clients the results they seek and celebrating those wins together in a positive and fun work environment. We offer the benefit of being a remote work organization, but we also strongly believe that collaboration is key to driving outcomes. Our company culture, our ongoing education and training programs, and our technology infrastructure all contribute to that goal. We also believe that bonding is equally important - whether it's in-person or over Zoom. We have dedicated annual company events like golf day, ski day, and monthly events like town halls, team happy hours, team trivia and team cooking demonstrations that help to create synergy among colleagues and teams. On top of working and playing hard together, we also offer a very competitive benefits package, complete with medical, dental, vision, 401K, a wellbeing stipend, summer and fall Fridays, remote work equipment, and more.