We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to onboarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Controller to join our team!
Reporting to the VP, Finance and Business Operations, you will put into practice accounting process and procedure across the organization. In this role, you will work closely with your team and other department heads to ensure the proper controls are in place, followed, and documented. You will be hands-on in implementing and managing day-to-day accounting operations, including the month, quarter, and year-end close processes. In our dynamic and rapidly growing environment, you'll be successful if you are eager to roll up your sleeves to tackle this role and all projects with energy and enthusiasm.
Who will love this job:
- A numbers guru – you enjoy compiling the data that will show company progress and help guide decision making
- A system-builder – you love crafting process and building structure
- A trusted partner – you work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and expertly guide accounting principles
- An advisor – you're not only in the weeds, but you also see the big picture and contribute ideas on how to make Greenhouse an even better company than it is today
- A strategist – you have a well thought out approach to every project you tackle
- A meticulous organizer – you're passionate about precision and never miss a detail
What you’ll do:
- Lead the dynamic and diverse Greenhouse Accounting team
- Take the lead in defining and implementing company accounting policies, and ensure adherence to those policies
- Iterate on accounting processes to ensure optimal efficiency
- Own the close procedure, including consolidation of international books
- Build a detailed and meaningful monthly reporting package to report to the executive team
- Lead audit preparation and work with external auditors to ensure all proper controls are in place
- Lead all aspects of regulatory reporting, and ensure the accuracy and integrity of all filings
You should have:
- CPA required
- 5+ years, in-house accounting experience
- 2+ years, Public Accounting experience, preferably in a Big 4 firm
- Hands-on experience in consolidating international books
- Experience in SaaS or subscription-based business models, including working with an international billings system
- New systems and software implementation experience
- Proven ability to remain pragmatic in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient with various software systems (Quickbooks, Salesforce, Excel)
- Experience with Intacct, Netsuite, and Zuora, preferred
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Who we are:
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
We offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
In the context of the growing spread of COVID-19 in the US and Ireland, Greenhouse’s offices will remain closed until further notice.
Our overriding concern is for the health and well-being of our people - employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at [email protected]